Vijay Raaz born is an Indian film actor, Comedian, and Director. He Was born on June 5, 1963, in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. His hometown is in Delhi, India, and Sun sign is Gemini. His breakthrough came when Vijay acted the role of Dubeyji in the movie Monsoon Wedding in the year 2001. In the year 2014, Raaz debuted as a director with Kya Dilli Kya Lahore.
Vijay Raaz is also known for his work in Tamil and Malayalam cinema. He was a student of Kirori Mal College, in New Delhi, graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.). during his college days, he was a part of dramatic society – The Players and decided to build his career in acting so in 1998, he moved to Mumbai after working as a theatre artist for 10 years. He likes Traveling, and Reading Books on Spirituality and Philosophy. His favorite Actor is ‘Naseeruddin Shah.’
Biography & Wiki
|Vijay Raaz Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Vijay Raaz|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Director|
|Debut||Bollywood Film (Actor)-Bhopal Express (1999)
Tamil FIlm (Actor)-Kaaki Sattai (2015)
Malayalam Film (Actor)-Monsoon Mangoes (2015)
Bollywood Film (Director)-Kya Dilli Kya Lahore (2014)
|Language Known||Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam & English|
|Date Of Birth||5 June 1963|
|Age (as in 2020)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Vijay Raaz Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||183 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.83 m|
|Height in Inches||6′ 0″|
|Weight in Kilograms||68 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||150 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Vijay Raaz Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|College/University||Kirori Mal College, in New Delhi, India|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Reading Books on Spirituality & Philosophy, Traveling|
|Favorite color||Black, Blue, White|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Goa, Manali, Dubai|
|Salary (approx)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx)||$40 million|
Vijay Raaz has a healthy physique and he is 6 feet 0 inches (183 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 68 Kg (150 lbs). Vijay Raaz always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
He is married to ‘Krishna Raaz,’ and has a daughter named ‘ Tanishka Raaz.’ There is no much information available about his family.
Vijay joined the Sakshi Kala Manch in Mandi House, Delhi, where he worked for a few years after that he started working at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi. ‘Pagal Ghar’ was his first play in which he played the role of an Inspector. He debuts in Bollywood with ‘Bhopal Express’ in 1999, for which, Naseeruddin Shah recommended him to the director, Mahesh Mathai. And also to the filmmaker, Mira Nair for the film ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (2001), after watching him a Girish Karnad’s play ‘Agni Aur Barkha,’ where he played the role of a 90 years old person. In 2004, he got his first lead role as Raghu in the film ‘Raghu Romeo’.
The film Awarded by the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi. Raaz is popular for his comic role and got massive recognition for his comedic role by the film Run in 2004. he was recently featured in Bollywood films like- Stree and Gully Boy, Dream Girl, Gulabo Sitabo, and will be seen in Chopsticks, and Waah Zindgi. In 2014, he made his debut as a Director with the Bollywood film Kya Dilli Kya Lahore. He is a voice artist with his gruff baritone voice, He has lent his voice to various films and ad commercials.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Vijay Raaz and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Vijay Raaz at Instagram-@vijayraaz
Vijay Raaz at Twitter –@ActorVijayRaaz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Does Vijay drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Vijay Smoke? Not Known
- He was a member of the dramatic society – The Players in his College (Kirori Mal ) in New Delhi, India
To pursue his career in acting and Bollywood, Vijay followed the famous Sakshi Kala Manch in Mandi House, Delhi, India where Raaz worked for some years.
- Later, Raaz started working at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi, India, on a salary of Rs 12,000 per month.
- His first play was ‘Pagal Ghar,’ in which he performed the role of an inspector and It was admired by the viewers.
- In the year 1998, Vijay went to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India after 10 years of working as a theatre artist including 4 years at NSD in New Delhi.
- Naseeruddin Shah suggested him to the director, Mahesh Mathai for the movie ‘Bhopal Express’ (in the year 1999) and to the filmmaker, Mira Nair for the film ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (in the year 2001), after watching him in a Girish Karnad play ‘Agni Aur Barkha,’ in which Vijay acted the character of a 90-year-old person.
- Raaz became a household name after performing the Character of P. K. Dubey in the movie ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (in the year 2001).
More Facts About Him
- Vijay got his first lead role in the year 2004 in the movie ‘Raghu Romeo’ as Raghu. The movie got the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- He is popularly known for his comic roles.
- Vijay has worked in films of various languages like Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam
- In the year 2014, Raaz made his directorial debut with the movie ‘Kya Dilli Kya Lahore.’ Vijay played the lead role of Rehmat Ali in this film.
- Vijay Raaz has also worked as a voice-over artist and has lent Viajy’s voice in several ad commercials and movies.