Swara Bhaskar is an Indian theatre artist, eminent TV star, and film actress, besides acting in films, she also does the work producing. ‘Swara Bhaskar’has become a well-known actress in the Bollywood industry. She mostly appears in supporting roles in films and is known for speaking her mind in front of the public in an outspoken manner.
She played the character of Kangana Ranaut’s friend in the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’, which earned her recognition among the audience. Swara is very active on social media and always shares her beautiful images and videos on her Instagram account, where she has more than 1 million followers.
Swara Bhaskar received her early education from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi, after which she enrolled at Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi for further education, from where she completed her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature. After this, to further her education, she took admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, and from there she completed her Master of Arts in Sociology.
Family & Personal Life
Swara Bhaskar was born in a prosperous multicultural Hindu family on 9 April 1988 (Saturday), her father’s name is Chitrapu Udaya Bhaskar who is a Telugu person. Her father is a columnist and he is also a retired Commander. Swara Bhaskar’s mother’s name is Ira Bhaskar, she is a Professor of Cinema Studies. Apart from her parents, she has an elder brother in her family whose name is Ishan Bhaskar.
According to some sources, Swara’s affair was with Himanshu Sharma, a writer. But, he got married in January 2021 to Kanika Dhillon, who is an author and screenwriter by profession. Thereafter, she was in a relationship with Fahad Ahmad, and on 6 January 2023 (Friday), she got married to Fahad Ahmad. Swara Bhaskar and her husband Fahad Ahmad registered their marriage in court under the Special Marriage Act.
Swara Bhaskar’s husband, Fahad Ahmad, is a student leader and social activist. Fahad has worked for the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) Student Union as the general secretary. In July 2022, Fahad took membership in the Samajwadi Party in the presence of Abu Asim Azmi and Rais Shaikh.
Swara Bhaskar Bio
|Full Name||Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu|
|Debut||Film: Madholal Keep Walking (2009, English)|
Film: Guzaarish (2010, Bollywood)
|Date of Birth (DOB)||9 April 1988 (Saturday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||35 Years|
|Address||A 3-BHK apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi|
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Education Qualfication||• B.A. in English Literature|
• M.A. in Sociology
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (Turned Vegetarian in 2016)|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Dancing, Cooking, Reading, Traveling, Listening To Music|
|Height (approx.)||165 (in centimeters)|
1.65 (in meters)
5′ 5″ (in feet & inches)
|Weight (approx.)||55 (in kilograms)|
121 lbs (in pounds)
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Family & Husband
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Himanshu Sharma (Writer)|
• Fahad Ahmad (Politician, Social Activist)
|Husband/Spouse||Fahad Ahmad (Politician, Social Activist)|
|Marriage Date||Swara registered her wedding in court on 6 January 2023 (Friday) under the Special Marriage Act|
|Father||Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Columnist, Retired Commodore)|
|Mother||Ira Bhaskar (Professor of Cinema Studies)|
|Brother||Ishan Bhaskar (Elder)|
|Salary/Income (approx.)||INR 4- 5 Crore/Film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 Million, INR 41. 42 Crores (As of 2023)|
|Car Collection||BMW X1|
Social Media Info
If you Like Swara Bhaskar and want to know more about her, You can follow her on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Swara Bhaskar Instagram: @reallyswara
Swara Bhaskar Twitter: @ReallySwara
Swara Bhaskar used to work in theater before coming into acting, she decided to come to Mumbai, Maharashtra in the year 2008 to try her luck in films. After coming to Mumbai, Swara got her first film Tanu Weds Manu in which she was praised by critics for her role. In this film, she played the role of Tanu’s (Kangana Ranaut) friend, which was very much liked by the audience.
After that, she made a lot of headlines with her excellent performance in the film Raanjhanaa alongside Dhanush, she was also honored with many awards for her excellent performance in this film. After this, Swara has worked in many excellent films, including Nil Battey Sannata, Anarkali of Aarah, Veere Di Wedding, Chillar Party, etc.
- In the year 2014, there were rumors of a cold war between her and actress, and filmmaker Kangana Ranaut on the sets of the 2015 comedy & romance film ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’.
- Swara revealed in the year 2017 that when Swara was new in Bollywood, she was harassed by a director. During an outdoor shoot in a remote area, he followed her, texted her, called her, and even asked for a one-night stand.
- In December 2017, after the Gujarat Assembly election results, Swara congratulated independent but pro-Congress Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani, for which Swara was trolled on social media for allegedly supporting caste politics.
- In the year 2018, after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s medieval epic ‘Padmaavat’, Swara through an open letter made serious critical comments on the film, especially about women’s ‘right to live’.
- In June 2018, following the release of her female friend’s comedy film “Veere Di Wedding” starring Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, and Shikha Talsania, Swara was widely criticized and trolled on the internet for Swara’s masturbation scene in the movie.
- Actress Swara Bhasker fronted severe backlash on social media in November 2019 for referring to a 4-year-old child actor as “chu**ya” and “kam**na” on the talk show “Son of Abish”, which is hosted by stand-up comedian Abish Mathew. Narrating Swara’s experience during her early days in the film industry, Swara used foul language for a 4-year-old child who had worked with her in an advertisement.
Achievements & Awards
- Swara Bhaskar received the Zee Cine Award for Best Actress in a Female Supporting Role in the year 2012 for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’.
- In the year 2014, she was awarded Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Raanjhanaa”.
- In the year 2014, she received the Zee Cine Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Female for the film “Raanjhanaa”.
- Swara was awarded the Silk Road International Film Festival Award as Best Actress for the film “Nil Battey Sannata” in the year 2016.
- In the year 2016, Swara Bhaskar was awarded a Screen Award by Critics as Best Actress for her film “Nil Battey Sannata”.
- In the year 2019, she won the Lux Golden Rose Awards for Confident Beauty of the Year, for the film Veere Di Wedding.
Swara charges INR 4-5 crores per film and according to information available on social media, Swara Bhaskar’s net worth is $5 million, which is approximately 41. 42 crores in Indian rupees.
- Madholal Keep Walking, as Sudha M. Dubey (2009).
- Guzaarish, as Radhika Talwar (2010).
- The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project, as Swara Bhaskar / Maya (2010).
- Tanu Weds Manu, as Payal Sinha Singh (2011).
- Chillar Party, as Battle Hour Anchor (2011).
- Listen… Amaya, as Amaya Krishnamoorthy (2013).
- Aurangzeb, as Suman (2013).
- Raanjhanaa, as Bindiya (2013).
- Sabki Bajegi Band, as Jaya (2013).
- Machhli Jal Ki Rani Hai, as Ayesha Saxena (2014).
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns, as Payal Sinha Singh (2015).
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, as Rajkumari Chandrika (2015).
- X: Past Is Present, as Aunty (2015).
- Nil Battey Sannata, as Chanda Sahay (2016).
- Anaarkali of Aarah, as Anarkali (2017).
- Veere Di Wedding, as Sakshi Soni (2018).
- The Story, on Zee5 (2018).
- Sheer Qorma, as Rukhsar Siddiqui (2020).
- Jahaan Chaar Yaar, as Shivangi (2022).
- Mrs Falani (Upcoming Film), as TBA (2023).
- Samvidhaan, as Presenter (2014).
- Rangoli, as Host/presenter (2015-2017).
- It’s Not That Simple, as Meera (2016-2018).
- Hello Mini (2019).
- Rasbhari, as Shanoo Bansal (2020).
- Flesh, as ACP Radha Nautiyal (2020).
- Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, as Beanie Bhatnagar (2020).
- Aapkey Kamrey Mein Koi Rahta Hai, as Mausam (2021).
Some Interesting Facts About Swara Bhaskar
- Swara Bhaskar was born and raised in a middle-class multicultural family as her father is Telugu and her mother is Bihari. Her father, a retired Commodore in the Indian Navy, is a columnist who is considered a critic of leading experts on Indian security and strategic affairs.
- Actress Minissha Lamba was her classmate during school days.
- She has been very active on social issues since her college days.
- She has been passionate about dancing since the age of 7 and learned Bharatanatyam from Guru Leela Samson.
- As a theatre artist, Swara began her acting career in N.K. Sharma’s ‘Act One’ theater group in Delhi, India.
- In the year 2008, Swara shifted to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue a career in Bollywood, and after many auditions, Swara got a film titled ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but it got shelved. Luckily through some links, Swara got a role in the English-Indian film titled “Madholal Keep Walking” (2009), but hardly anyone noticed it.
- Swara was first seen in the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011), where she played the role of Kangana Ranaut’s best friend “Payal”, which was well-received by critics and the public.
- After working in the film “Raanjhanaa” she became a good friend of Sonam Kapoor.
- In the year 2015, she went to Pakistan as a guest on a comedy TV program called ‘Mazaaq Raat’.
- She is an avid animal lover and of which she has 3 cats, Kulfi, Utpaati, and Atom. Swara loves feeding stray dogs and cats.
- Her dream is to play the lead role in the biography of “Indira Gandhi”.
- Once she gifted a vintage box to Salman Khan, in which Salman could put painting paints and brushes.
- Earlier Swara was a non-vegetarian, but in the year 2016, Swara turned vegetarian as Swara considers it the best detox.