Suryakumar Yadav is an Indian cricketer who is known as Sky (SKY) in the cricket world. He is a right-handed attacking batsman but occasionally bowls as a right-arm medium-pace spin bowler. He plays for India in ODI and T20 formats. Suryakumar belongs to Maharashtra and he represents Mumbai in domestic cricket. Not only this, he has also captained the Mumbai cricket team and currently plays for Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. Mumbai Indians bought Suryakumar Yadav in IPL 2023 for 8 crores.
Suryakumar Yadav has made his place in the Indian team on the strength of his hard work and dedication and has made a splash not only in India but in the whole world with his performance. Talking about Suryakumar Yadav’s T20 International ranking, recently the T20 International ranking released by ICC was released in which Suryakumar has been ranked first.
Indian team attacking batsman Suryakumar Yadav was born on Friday, 14 September 1990 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His father’s name is Ashok Kumar Yadav and he is working as an electrical engineer at BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center) in Mumbai. His mother is Swapna Yadav and she is a homemaker.
His family is originally from Banaras, Uttar Pradesh, but years ago his father joined the BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center) in Mumbai as an engineer. Due to this, he shifted to Mumbai with his wife. Apart from his parents, he also has a younger sister named Dinal Yadav.
Suryakumar was very interested in badminton and cricket since childhood. He used to play both games very fondly. Then his father asked him to choose one of the two sports keeping his career in mind, and Suryakumar chose cricket. Surya’s father got him admission to a cricket camp located in the BARC Colony of Anushakti Nagar.
Seeing Surya’s inclination towards cricket, his uncle Vinod Kumar himself taught him the nuances of cricket as his first coach. Surya got an opportunity to play under-age group cricket organized by ELF Vengsarkar Academy in Mumbai.
Suryakumar Yadav completed his early education at Nuclear Energy Central School in Mumbai itself. He then did his further studies at Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai from where Suryakumar did his Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) and obtained the degree.
Suryakumar’s wife’s name is Devisha Shetty. Suryakumar first saw Devisha in 2012 at R A Poddar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai and they met each other there. Devisha is a skilled dancer and dance trainer, Surya was impressed by her dance, on the other hand, Devisha was very impressed with Suryakumar’s batting, and due to this, they became friends.
They both got engaged on 29 May 2016 in the presence of their close family and friends and married each other on 7 July 2016 with traditional South Indian customs. His wife has also got Suryakumar Yadav’s name tattooed on her back. She often visits the stadium to cheer for SKY and support the IPL team Mumbai Indians.
Suryakumar Yadav Bio
|Full Name||Surya Kumar Ashok Yadav|
|Name Earned||Mr. 360|
|Famous For||His 360-degree shots, all around the ground|
|International Debut||ODI– 18 July 2021 against Sri Lanka at Colombo (RPS)|
Test– 9 February 2023 against Australia at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium
T20– 14 March 2021 against England at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad
|Jersey Number||• #63 (India)|
• #77 (IPL, Mumbai Indians)
• #212 (IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders)
• In a few domestic matches, Suryakumar also wore jersey number 21
|Domestic/State Team||• Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)|
• India Red
• India Blue
• Mumbai A
• Mumbai Cricket Association IX
• West Zone
• Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL)
• Mumbai Indians (IPL)
|International Junior Cricket Teams||• India Under 23|
• India A
• India C
|Coach/Mentors||• Vinod Yadav|
• Chandrakant Pandit
• HS Kamath
• Ashok Aswalkar
|Batting Style||Right-Hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Medium, Right Arm Offbreak|
|Favorite Shot||Sweep Shot|
|Records (Main Ones)||• In the 2011-12 Ranji Trophy, he scored a blistering double-century against Orissa|
• He scored more than 1000 runs at the Under-22 level in the 2010-11 season and won the MA Chidambaram Trophy
• He was the leading run-scorer for Mumbai in the 2011-12 Ranji Trophy, scoring 754 runs
• 8th cricketer to score fastest 1000 runs in T20I in 31 innings
• Suryakumar has accumulated 1578 runs in 45 T20 International matches at a strike rate of 180.3, the highest for any batter with more than 250 T20I runs
• During ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, Yadav became the third-highest run scorer, scoring 239 runs in 6 matches at a strike rate of 189.68
• In 2023, during a three-match T20I series between India and Sri Lanka, Yadav slammed 112 runs off 51 balls in the final match of the series, becoming the second Indian batter to register more than 2 centuries in T20Is. He went past KL Rahul, who had registered 2 centuries.
• Yadav is the second fastest Indian to score a century, scoring a century off 45 balls
• Suryakumar is the fifth cricketer in the world to score three or more centuries in men’s T20Is after Rohit Sharma (4), Glenn Maxwell (3), Colin Munro (3) and Sabawoon Davizi (3)
• First cricketer to score 1000 runs in T20 International cricket 
• On 7 January 2023, Suryakumar Yadav became first Indian cricketer to get 900+ rating in T20 international
|Career Turning Points||His performance in the 2011-12 Ranji Trophy|
|Achievements/Awards||• ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year (2022)|
• Widen T20I cricketer of the year male (2022)
|Date of Birth (DOB)||14 September 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Hathora village of Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Address||A posh apartment complex in Anushakti Nagar, Chembur in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Playing Video Games & Guitar, Golfing, Watching Football, Swimming, Reading, Traveling|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai|
• Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm|
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg|
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 Inches|
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
Family & Wife
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Devisha Shetty (Classical Dancer)|
|Wife/Spouse||Devisha Shetty (Classical Dancer)|
|Engagement Date||29 May 2016 (Sunday)|
|Marriage Date||7 July 2016 (Thursday)|
|Marriage Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Father||Ashok Kumar Yadav (chief engineer at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre)|
|Sister||Dinal Yadav (Visual Merchandising Executive at Estee Lauder India)|
|Grandfather||Vikram Singh Yadav (an inspector in the CRPF; he was honoured with President’s Police Medal in 1991)|
|Bike Collection||• Suzuki Hayabusa (worth Rs. 16 lakhs) |
• Harley-Davidson (worth Rs. 18 lakhs)
• Kawasaki Z1000 (worth Rs. 15 lakhs)
|Car Collection||• BMW 5 Series 530d M Sport (worth Rs. 75 lakhs)|
• Toyota Fortuner (worth Rs. 40 lakhs)
• Nissan Jonga (worth Rs. 15 lakhs; the SUV was used by the Indian Army for a long time)
• Porsche 911 Turbo (worth Rs. 3.64 crores)
• Mercedes-Benz GLS (worth Rs. 1.16 crores)
• Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 63 S 4Matic (worth Rs. 2.15 crores)
• Range Rover Velar (worth Rs. 90 lakhs)
• MINI Cooper S (worth Rs. 40 lakhs)
• Audi A6 (worth Rs. 60 lakhs)
|Salary/Income (approx.)||As of 2023, Suryakumar Yadav earns a monthly income of Rs. 70-80 lakhs through his cricketing career and brand endorsings. His yearly income is estimated to be Rs. 8 crores.|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$6 Million (As of 2023)|
Social Media Info
If you Like Suryakumar Yadav and want to know more about him, You can follow him on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Suryakumar Yadav Instagram: @surya_14kumar
Suryakumar Yadav Twitter: @surya_14kumar
Suryakumar Yadav made his first-class debut against team Delhi during the 2010–11 Ranji Trophy. His Ranji Trophy debut was stellar as he top-scored for Mumbai with 73 and was the only player to score a half-century in Mumbai’s first innings.
He was selected in the India C squad for the Deodhar Trophy in 2018–19, and 2019–20. Not only this, but Suryakumar Yadav also took over the captaincy of the Mumbai cricket team in the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
In June 2021, Suryakumar Yadav has been named in India’s One Day International (ODI) squad for the series against Sri Lanka. He made his ODI debut for India against Sri Lanka on 18 July 2021 and he scored his first ODI fifty on 21 July 2021 against Sri Lanka.
Suryakumar Yadav made his Twenty20 International debut for Team India on 14 March 2021 against England. But on 18 March of this series, he got his first chance to bat and hit a six in international cricket off the first ball, the first Indian player to do so in T20 Internationals.
He played a half-century in this match. In September 2021, Suryakumar Yadav has been included in India’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. In June 2022, he was named to India’s squad for the T20I series against Team Ireland.
Suryakumar got a chance to play IPL from Mumbai Indians for the 2012 season and played just one match in the season and was dismissed without scoring.
After this, in 2014, he was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders. Suryakumar Yadav grabbed headlines in IPL 2015 when he played a match-winning knock against Mumbai at the Eden Gardens. In this match, he scored 46 runs in 20 balls with 5 sixes. After this inning, he was made the vice-captain of the Kolkata Knight Riders team, and his place in the team was also confirmed.
He was the costliest uncapped player in the 2018 IPL auction, bought by Mumbai Indians for a price of ₹3.2 crore. And in IPL 2023, Mumbai Indians bought Suryakumar Yadav for 8 crores. Suryakumar Yadav has played a total of 16 matches in IPL 2023 so far. He has scored 605 runs in these 16 matches and his highest score in these 16 matches is 103* runs.
Some Interesting Facts About Suryakumar Yadav
- Due to his interest in cricket, his uncle Vinod trained him as the first coach, Suryakumar Yadav got to learn a lot from his uncle.
- Surya loves to get tattoos done on his body, due to which he has got many tattoos done on almost his entire body, one of which is also of his parents.
- Surya Suryakumar was playing for Kolkata Knight Riders between 2014 and 2017, at that time the captain of KKR was Gautam Gambhir, Gautam Gambhir often called him ‘SKY’ during practice sessions.
- He did not pay attention to this at first but then one day asked him why do you call me SKY, to which Gautam Gambhir replied that if you add the first letters of your name then SKY is formed. Since then ‘SKY’ became Suryakumar Yadav’s nickname.
- He has two pet dogs of the French Bulldog breed named Orio and Pablo, whom he loves very much and often misses on his cricket tours.
- Suryakumar Yadav won the MA Chidambaram Trophy, scoring over 1000 runs in the Under-22s in the 2010-11 season.
- In the 2011–12 Ranji season, Surya scored an explosive double-century against Odisha.
- Suryakumar Yadav was Mumbai’s leading run-scorer in the 2011–12 Ranji Trophy season, scoring 754 runs in the season.
- Playing against Zimbabwe in the T20 World Cup 2022 league match, Suryakumar played an unbeaten inning of 61 runs in just 25 balls in which he hit 6 fours and 4 sixes.
- Suryakumar has become the first batsman in the world to score 1000 runs in T20 International cricket in 2022, this feat was done by Pakistan’s batsman Mohd Rizwan in 2021.
1 thought on “Suryakumar Yadav Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Bio & More”