Sumit Awasthi is a famous journalist in India. He has more than 20 years of experience in journalism and is one of the top news anchors in India. Sumit Awasthi is a well-known name in Hindi journalism and is a popular and reliable face of TV news. Sumit, one of the most respected journalists of the country, has been leaving his mark in the prime time of Hindi News for the last 16 years. His journey started with ‘Zee News’ and till now, News18 India was flying high on journalism.
Sumit is known for his gentle voice, elegant style, outspoken thoughts, and quick expression. Renowned anchor and journalist Sumit Awasthi works at ABP News in the post of Vice President (News & Production) who now takes charge of the editorial department with all editorial resources. He has received the Madhav Jyoti Award as the best correspondent in 2012 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award in 2019, besides several other prestigious awards in the field of journalism.
Sumit Awasthi was born and raised in the city Gautam Buddha Nagar of Uttar Pradesh, India. He completed his schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Indore. Awasthi enrolled in Holkar Science College, Indore to pursue a bachelor’s degree in science. After that, he did his post-graduation in journalism from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Delhi. From the time of his school. Journalism talent was met by Sumit from his father.
Sumit, who had a fickle nature, believed in freedom, was not stable since childhood, he is not one of the bonded humans. That is why in childhood, he had a desire to become an engineer. Sumit used to think that he had to do something for the country. Father was in Akashwani, he was transferred to Delhi. But he liked to roam, mingle and write since childhood, so he started writing for daily papers. Constant writing written for newspapers helped Sumit establish his roots in the journalism world. Sumit did not let his spirits down and decided to do journalism.
Biography & Wiki
|Sumit Awasthi Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Sumit Awasthi|
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Date Of Birth||23rd April 1973 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Sumit Awasthi Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||173 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.73 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 8″|
|Weight in Kilograms||
|Weight in Pounds||154 lbs|
|Hair Color||Salt & Paper|
|Family & Relatives|
|Mother||Sheela Kapoor Awasthi|
|Sumit Awasthi Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Wife||Alokananda Sen Awasthi|
|Children||Son-He has two sons and one of his son’s name is Satvik Awasthi., Daughter-N/A|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in science, post-graduation in Journalism|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Indore|
|Collage/University||Holkar Science College, Indore, India,
Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, Delhi, India
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Food||Not Known|
|Favorite Perfume||Not Known|
|Favorite Film||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Gardening, Playing Snooker|
|Favorite color||Black, Blue|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Goa, Dubai, London|
|Salary (approx)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx)||Not Known|
Sumit Awasthi has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 70 Kg (154 lbs). Sumit Awasthi always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. He has a nice hairstyle and got Salt & Paper hair and Black Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Sumit Awasthi was born on 23rd April 1973 (Monday) in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. His father’s name is Suresh Awasthi, who worked as a journalist in the ‘Indian Information Service’ at All India Radio. His mother’s name is Sheela Kapoor Awasthi. Sumit is married to Alokanand Sen Awasthi, and the two have two sons. One of their sons is named Satvik Awasthi.
After writing in newspapers like Pioneer, Navbharat Times, Jansatta, he did a PG Diploma in Journalism. When he joined ‘Zee News’ after an internship in Jansatta, Sumit was given special recognition by the ‘Kandahar airplane hijacking’ case, which described how many flaws were there at the airport, any person taking anything Can go up to After this report, Sumit was also given ‘Special Security’ for some time.
In August 2014, Sumit Awasthi joined ‘News 18 India’ by saying goodbye to Zee News and since then he was associated with it. At the same time, Sumit Awasthi was its resident editor in Zee News. Then 14 years later in October 2013, he started his second innings with the Zee group. Before Zee News, he was with Aaj Tak and he used to host the primetime show ‘Dastak’. In Aaj Tak, he came from Network 18’s Hindi news channel IBN-7 (now News18 India). In IBN-7 he was associated as Senior Editor (Political) and Prime Time Anchor. Along with politics, news related to cricket and international politics has also been covered by Sumit Awasthi like the Harbhajan-Symonds controversy, the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, and elections in Pakistan, etc.
Sumit is known for his good grip on politics and better reporting. After coming to ‘Aaj Tak’, ‘attack on Parliament’ and Kalpana Chawla’s failure to return from space, two big events affected Sumit greatly. Sumit Awasthi works at ABP News in the post of Vice President (News & Production) who now takes charge of the editorial department with all editorial resources.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Sumit Awasthi and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Sumit Awasthi at Instagram-@beingawasthisumit
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Sumit started his career as a writer in the newspaper, like Pioneer, Navbharat Times, and Jansatta.
- Sumit has more than 20 years of experience in journalism and is one of the top-most news anchors in India.
- As per one of his interviews, journalism runs in his blood, as his father was a journalist at the
- Sumit wanted to secure his career in the Indian Army, for which he attempted twice but failed.
- After completing his PG, he did an internship in journalism with Jansatta. In 1997, he joined the Zee news channel.
- Later, he worked with the Indian top-most news channels, like Aaj Tak and IBN7.
- In 2012, he was bestowed with ‘Madhavji Jyoti Puraskar’ for the best journalist, and in 2019, he received the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award.’
- Sumit Awasthi anchored a show named ‘Shabaash India,’ which was meant to showcase the positive incidents happening in society.
- He has appeared as an expert in various episodes of the popular game show, ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati.’
- Once when Sumit was interviewing veteran BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi, he asked Sumit to ask questions according to him, later something happened that Netaji took the camera and removed the clip.
- When Sumit was in school, he wanted to join the Indian Army, he also gave the test twice but failed to pass the test.
- Sumit has also appeared as an expert in Sony TV’s famous show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- Sumit Awasthi received the Madhav Jyoti Award as the best correspondent in 2012, which is one of the biggest awards in the field of journalism.
- He has received many other prestigious awards in the field of journalism, one of which is the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award’ which he received in 2019.