Sonu Kakkar is an Indian playback singer who not only works in the Hindi music industry but also in Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam, and Nepali. She made her singing debut in 2003 with the songs of Babuji Zara Dheere from the film Dum, which she sang along with Sukhwinder Singh. Sonu, who started singing in Jagran at the age of five, came to the attention of Bollywood music director Sandeep Chowta when he heard her singing in a competition on Channel V called the Indian pop star. Sonu is the elder sister of the most popular Bollywood singer, Neha Kakkar and Tony Kakkar.
Kakkar was born on 20 October 1979, in Rishikesh, Uttrakhand, India. At the age of five, Sonu began singing in Jagran (Hindu devotional gatherings). After some years Sonu’s family shifted to New Delhi, India. Then popular Bollywood music director Sandeep Chowta noticed her voice in a contest and the result is “Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo”, the most famous dance song of those times; since then Kakkar is a regular in Bollywood playback singing. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is her inspiration.
It was the time when most of the aspiring female singers were following legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle’s kind of singing style but Sonu Kakkar followed the other way of full-throated voice. Sandeep Chowta counted Sonu Kakkar as one of his most favorite singers. Sonu has got MTV IMMIES AWARD for her song Babuji. At a very young age, Singer Sonu Kakkar has worked with musicians including Frank Gambale, Bunny Brunel, Virgil Donati, and Mitch Forman. She has also worked with A.R. Rahman. Kakkar’s single “Mallika I Hate You” was another super hit as well.
Biography & Wiki of Sonu Kakkar
Sonu Kakkar Age, Biography & Wiki
|Real Name||Sonu Kakkar|
|Debut||Bollywood-Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo, Dum (2013)
Kannada-Oora Kannu, Ranga SSLC (2004)
Telugu-Pavan Laa, Kokila (2005)
Tamil-Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali, Varalaru (2006)
Marathi-Mastani Jwanit Mazya, Nau Mahine Nau Diwas (2009)
Punjabi-Gustakh Akhan, Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009)
Malayalam-Dil Lena, Kalimannu (2013)
Nepali-Salaam Lijive Kabool Kijiye, Kohinoor (2014)
|Language Known||Hindi, Nepali, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada & English|
|Date Of Birth||20 October 1979|
|Age (as of 2020)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Rishikesh, Uttrakhand, India|
|Hometown||Rishikesh, Uttrakhand, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Libra|
Sonu Kakkar Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.63 m|
|Height in Feet & Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||35-26-34|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sonu Kakkar Family & Relatives
Sonu Kakkar Boyfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Neeraj Sharma (Producer)|
|Husband||Neeraj Sharma (Producer)
Sonu Kakkar Educational Qualification, School and College
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|College/University||Sonu Kakkar has never attended college|
Favorite Things and Like & Dislike
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Singer||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lata Mangeshkar, Ghulam Ali Khan|
|Clothing & Accessories Brand||Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo|
|Color||Black, Blue, White, Pink, Yellow|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Maldives|
|Salary (approx.)||INR 10 lakh/Song|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 Million|
Sonu Kakkar has a Stunning figure and she is 163 cm tall which is 5 feet 4 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 55 kg. Sonu Kakkar is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 35-26-34 and she has attractive Black hair and Dark Brown eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Sonu Kakkar parents name is Rishikesh Kakkar & Niti Kakkar. She was born in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Kakkar began singing jaguars at the age of five when her parents moved to Uttam Nagar, Delhi, India. Sonu later shifted to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, where Bollywood music director Sandeep Chowta heard Sonu’s singing in a singing competition on channel V called Indian Pop Star and gave Sonu’s a break with the song ‘Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo’. Sonu is the elder sister of the famous Bollywood singer Neha Kakkar and Tony Kakkar, who are both prominent Bollywood singers. And Sonu married a producer Neeraj Sharma.
The credit for bringing Sonu Kakkar to Hindi cinema goes to film director Sandeep Chowta. He approached Sonu to sing Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo. The song became a huge hit during that time, She has won MTV IMMIES AWARD for this song. Subsequently, she lent her voice to sing Seduction Savariya, Kar Mundiya, Ishq Da Tadka, and Lavani. In 2014, she released her single “Urban Munda” and gained widespread popularity. Sonu has sung songs in many different languages.
She made her Kannada debut with the song ‘Oora Kannu’ from the film ‘Ranga SSLC’, the Telugu debut with the song “Pawan Laa” from the film ‘Kokila’, Tamil debut with the song “Dhinam Dhinam Deepawali”; from the film ‘Varalaru’, Marathi debut with the song “Naad Karaycha Naay” from the movie “Mi Amruta Boltey”, Malayalam debut ‘Dil Lena’ from the film ‘Kali Mannu’, and Punjabi Debut from the film ‘Jag Jeondeyan De Mele’. Sonu has also sung a Nepali song “Salaam Lijiye Kabool Kijiye” from the movie Kohinoor. She has worked for the movies Like Mere dad Ki Maruti (2013), Boss (2013), etc. Recently Sonu Kakkar has sung a song for the movie Cabaret, in the year 2019. She has a YouTube channel by her name, her music videos on YouTube, she gets on an average of 5 million views.
- Madari, in the year 2012
- Aisi Bani, in the year 2013
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Sonu Kakkar and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Sonu Kakkar at Instagram-@sonukakkarofficial
Some Unknown Facts About Sonu Kakkar
- Sonu Kakkar was born into an economically very weak family in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India.
- When Kakkar was a child, her father used to sell samosas outside her school. Sonu was often teased by her classmates for that reason.
- Sonu completed class 8 from a school in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India. and later, opted for an open board to finish her further education.
- She has never been to a college.
- Kakkar acquired a deep interest in music at a very young age. At the age of 5, Sonu began singing bhajans in the Jagratas.
- In the year 1990, Kakkar moved to Uttam Nagar, Delhi, India, with her family.
- Sonu grew up in Delhi, India, and later, moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, where Sonu participated in Channel V’s singing reality show, Indian Pop Star.
- While Kakkar was performing in the competition, the music director, Sandeep Chowta, spotted her and promised to give Sonu Kakkar’s a chance to sing in his next movie.
- Sonu Kakkar began her singing career in the year 2003 with the song “Babuji Zaara Dheer Chalo” from the movie ‘Dum.’
- Subsequently, Sonu Kakkar sang songs like Seduction Saavariya, Ishq Da Tadka, Kar Mundya, & Lavani.
- In the year 2014, Sonu earned recognition with her single “Urban Munda.”
- Sonu shared during an interview that Sonu had never received any formal training in music.
- Kakkar is the first person from her family to pursue music as her career.
- Kakkar has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- Sonu Kakkar featured on the cover of the Score Magazine in April 2015.