Shweta Tripathi is a famous Indian Bollywood actress. She acts in films as well as TV ads and television serials. Shweta Tripathi is not only an Actress but also a Director, Model, and Photographer and she is also a Trained Classical Dancer. Shweta, who once aspired to become an advocate, is a well-known actress today. She is one of the most popular stars of the OTT platform, she has impressed the young generation a lot with her acting. Shweta has also worked in films like ‘Masaan’ and ‘Kya Mast Hai Life’, but in the true sense she got popularity from the web series ‘Mirzapur‘.
In this web series, Shweta played the character of ‘Golu’, this character was well-liked by the people. Apart from films and web series, she has been seen in big ads like ‘Tata Sky’, ‘Tata Tea’, ‘Tanishq’ etc. Shweta Tripathi always remains in the discussion about her pictures. Often she keeps doing glamorous photoshoots. Shweta Tripathi has a great fan following on social media. 1.2 million followers follow her on Instagram.
Shweta Tripathi was born in Delhi in a Hindu Brahmin family. She spent her childhood in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. She did her primary education at DPS R K Puram, New Delhi, and graduated from NIFT, Delhi. After completing her education Shweta Tripathi moved from Delhi to Mumbai to make her career. She was fond of photography from the beginning and for this reason she did not initially turn towards the television industry after coming to Mumbai and started working directly as a photograph editor. To bring more refinement to her acting, she joined theater. And also started participating in some plays and along with this Shweta Tripathi kept working as a photography editor for the magazine Femina.
Age, Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Shweta Tripathi Sharma (After Marriage)|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Assistant Director, Fashion Designer, Photographer|
|Famous Role||Golu Gupta in the web series named “Mirzapur“|
|Debut||TV-Kya Mast Hai Life, as Zenia Khan, In the year 2009
Film-Trishna, as Shweta, In the year 2011
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Date Of Birth||6 July 1985 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Diving, Doing Photography, Reading, Dancing|
|Height, Weight & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||157 cm|
|In Meters||1.57 m|
|In Feet & Inches||5′ 2″|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Name Not Known (IAS Officer)|
|Mother||Name Not Known (Retired Teacher)|
|Sister||Pooja Tripathi (Elder)|
|Boyfriend, Affairs, Husband, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Chaitanya Sharma aka SlowCheeta (Actor, Rapper)|
|Husband/Spouse||Chaitanya Sharma aka SlowCheeta (m. 2018-present)
|Marriage Date||29 June 2018 (Friday)|
|Marriage Place||Goa, India|
|Education Qualification School and College|
|School||DPS RK Puram|
|College/University||National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Fashion Communication|
|Favourite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Actor||Ranveer Singh, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Actress||Radhika Apte, Richa Chaddha, Kalki Koechlin|
|Film||Badlapur, Rockstar, Dil Dhadakne Do, Lootera|
|Writer/Director||Anurag Kashyap, Vishal Bhardwaj, Imtiaz Ali|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Switzerland|
|Salary/Earning (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 Million (As in 2021)|
Shweta Tripathi has a Stunning figure and she is 157 cm tall which is 5 feet 2 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 55 kg. Shweta Tripathi is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 32-26-32, and she has attractive Black hair and Black eyes.
Family Background, Boyfriend, and Relationship
Shweta Tripathi was born on 6 July 1985 (Saturday), in New Delhi the capital of India. She is mainly from Delhi. Her father is an IAS officer while her mother is a teacher who is now retired. Shweta Tripathi’s family got a chance to live in many places due to her father’s job. In which the maximum time was spent in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Mumbai. Shweta also has an elder sister named Pooja Tripathi.
Talking about personal life, Shweta Tripathi got married in the year 2018 after dating actor and rapper Chaitanya Sharma for a long time. Chaitanya is a rapper and is popularly known as Slow Cheetah. It is said that Shweta and Chaitanya were going to Delhi by flight in connection with a play where both of them fell in love with each other. Chaitanya and Shweta are the loving couple of the glamor world, whose bonding is seen on social media.
In 2009, Shweta Tripathi got a chance to work in Disney Channel’s show Kya Mast Hai Life Show, in which she played a Tomboy character of Zenia Khan. Shortly after that she also appeared in The Trip Show of Bindaas Channel.
She got a break in the film with the 2011 film Trishna, which was a British-Swedish-Indian film. The film was based on the very famous novel Tess Of The D Urbervilles. But in the year 2015, the film Masaan gave her recognition. She made her Bollywood debut with Masaan Movie.
In which Shweta played the role of Vicky Kaushal’s Opposite Shaalu and for this, she also got the Zee Cine Awards for Best Supporting Actress Award. Her cute style and lovely smile robbed the hearts of many. Sanjay Mishra and Richa Chaddha also were in lead roles in this film. Then in the year 2017, Shweta appeared in the role of Sandhya alongside Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the film Haramkhor.
One of India’s Movie “Zoo” (2018) was shot completely on iPhone and Shweta Tripathi was given a chance in that too. She appeared in the role of Golu Gupta in the web series Mirzapur (2018). Shweta Tripathi won the hearts of fans by playing the character of Golu Gupta. Abhishek Banerjee, Ali Fazal, Pankaj Tripathi, Vikrant Massey, Divyenndu Sharma, Shriya Pilgaonkar, and Rasika Dugal were in the lead roles in this Amazon Prime web series. She was seen playing the role of Mehndi in a Tamil film Mehndi Circus in 2019.
Apart from this, Shweta worked in films like Gone Keshand The Illegal this year. In 2020, she played the character of Karuna Singh in the film Raat Akeli Hai opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Shweta Tripathi also worked in the 2020 Netflix film Cargo opposite actor Vikrant Massey. Recently, Shweta played the role of Shikha Agarwal in the web series ‘Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein’, which is being streamed on the OTT platform Netflix. Apart from Shweta Tripathi, actors like Aanchal Singh, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Brijendra Kala, Anant Joshi, and Saurabh Shukla are in important roles in the web series. This Netflix web series was directed by Siddharth Sen Gupta.
- Trishna, as Shweta, In the year 2011.
- Sujata, as Young Sujata, In the year 2011.
- Masaan, as Shaalu Gupta, In the year 2015.
- Love Shots, Short Film, In the year 2016.
- Haraamkhor, as Sandhya, In the year 2017.
- Beautiful World, Short Film, In the year 2018.
- Zoo, as Misha, In the year 2018.
- Gone Kesh, as Enakshi Dasgupta, In the year 2019.
- Mehandi Circus, as Mehandi, In the year 2019.
- The Illegal, as Mahi, In the year 2019.
- Raat Akeli Hai, as Karuna Singh, In the year 2020.
- Cargo, as Yuvishka Shekhar, In the year 2020.
- Ticket To Bollywood, TBA, Pre Production, In the year 2020.
- Rashmi Rocket, as Maya Bhasin, In the year 2021.
- Kya Mast Hai Life, as Zenia Khan, From the year 2009 to 2010.
- The Trip, as Ananya, From the year 2016 to 2018.
- Mirzapur, as Gajgamini “Golu” Gupta, From the year 2018 to present.
- Made in Heaven, as Priyanka Mishra, In the year 2019.
- TVF Tripling, as Begum Zainab, In the year 2019.
- Laakhon Mein Ek, as Dr. Shreya Pathare, In the year 2019.
- The Gone Game, as Amara Gujral, In the year 2020.
- Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein, as Shikha, In the year 2022.
- Kanjoos Makkhichoos (2022), Directed By Vipul Mehta.
Awards & Nominations
- Los Angeles Indian Film Festival, For Best Actress, For the film Haraamkhor, Won, In the year 2015.
- Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards, For Best Debut Actress, For the film Masaan, Nominated, In the year 2016.
- Times of India Film Awards, For Best Actress, For the film Masaan, Nominated, In the year 2016.
- Zee Cine Awards, For Best Supporting Actress, For the film Masaan, Won, In the year 2016.
- FOI Online Awards, For Best Actress – Drama, For the film Haraamkhor, Won, In the year 2017.
- Indian Television Academy Awards, India, For Best Actress – Web Series, For the series Laakhon Mein Ek, Nominated, In the year 2019.
- Asian Television Awards, For Best Actress in a Supporting Role, For the series The Gone Game, Nominated, I the year 2020.
- Filmfare OTT Awards, For Best Actress – Drama, For the series Mirzapur, Nominated, In the year 2021.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Shweta Tripathi and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Shweta Tripathi at Instagram-@battatawada
Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Bollywood actress Shweta Tripathi is an assistant director, model, and actress in the Hindi film industry as well as a fashion designer, and photographer.
- She was interested in acting since childhood, during her childhood she used to go to theaters to see plays with her parents.
- Shweta Tripathi is married. She met her husband Chaitanya Sharma during a play. In the very first meeting, Shweta and Chaitanya fell in love with each other.
- After completing college, she briefly worked as a photo editor for Femina magazine.
- According to media reports, Shweta Tripathi is a trained scuba diver, she learned scuba diving on the Andaman Islands and from here she got a certificate as a trend scuba diver.
- Along with scuba diving, Shweta also knows how to surf the waves of the sea. She learned surfing from a sport in Puducherry.
- She wanted to become a lawyer and had passed the law entrance exam but luck brought her to the acting world.
- Shweta Tripathi also owns a theater company named All My Tea Productions in Mumbai.
- Shweta takes great pleasure in doing three things. One is acting in front of the camera, the second is travelling, and thirdly spending time with her close ones.
- Shweta Tripathi gained tremendous popularity by playing the role of Golu in Mirzapur. Many people know her only by the name of Golu.
- Shweta Tripathi also worked as a photo editor in Femina Magazine before kissing the pinnacle of success and also used to do Trailer Editing work.
Thanks For Reading
Written By–Amit Shukla