Saloni Chopra is an Australian actress, model, and writer born in India.
Saloni was born in Mumbai on 3rd August 1991. She and her brother were brought up by their grandparents in Melbourne. She completed her schooling from Australia. After she turned 18, she came to India and got her degree in Fashion Designing from NIFT (Nation Institute of Fashion Technology).
Saloni Chopra is 5 foot 4 inches, has dark hair and dark brown eyes.
Family Background & Relationships
She is from a proud Punjabi family. Her mother Bindiya Chopra is a fashion designer and her brother Sahil Choujar is a blogger.
Saloni has two past relationships with Satyajeet Dubey and Zain Durrani, both actors. Since 2017, she is dating Rahul Bhattacharya who is a lawyer, businessman and travel blogger.
In 2013, Saloni landed her first acting role. She was cast as Maya in the short feature film “Maya”. The movie was submitted and screened at the Cannes Festival.
She made her TV debut in 2016 on the show “MTV Girls on Top”. She played the role of Isha Jaisingh.
In 2018, with her role in “Race 3”, Saloni made her big Bollywood debut. She runs two blogs on medium. She was also part of the 2018 TV series “Screwed Up”.
During the MeToo Campaign in 2018, Saloni claimed that she was sexually harassed by Sajid Khan and Vikas Bahl. She also claimed that during her relationship with Zain Durrani she was physically abused by him.
Her favorite things to eat are salmon, steak and sushi. She is a foodie and likes to explore new cuisines. When it comes to satisfying her sweet tooth she prefers red velvet cupcakes. Saloni is a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Manisha Koirala, and Divya Bharati. She also likes the color red. Croatia, Seoul, Barcelona are her favorite travel destinations.
Little Known Facts About Her
- Saloni’s nickname is Tina.
- Her hobbies are painting, writing and traveling.
- Before she became an actor, she worked as an assistant director on films like “Kick” and “Krrish 3”. She was also a stylist to Randeep Hooda.
- Her interest in acting was developed by seeing her mother work as a costume designer for films.
- Saloni and Rahul Bhattacharya are childhood friends. They lost touch when Saloni moved to India. In May 2017, they reconnected with each other when they coincidently crossed paths in a bar and have been with each other ever since.
- Rahul and Saloni have a travel blog and preset business which they run as a joint venture.
- Saloni Chopra is very vocal about problems like slut-shaming, menstruation, and domestic violence.
- In 2018, she was featured on the cover of MensXp. The November issue focused on the MeToo campaign in India, it covered the stories of influential women who had opened up about their sexual harassment stories.
- She likes animals and has a dog called Oscar Chopra.
- She got an award for Cosmopolitan Feminist of the Year in 2019.