Saba Azad is an Indian actress who plays multiple roles in her real life as well. She is a Bollywood actor, theater director, restaurateur, and music composer. Her real name is Saba Singh Grewal. Saba is best known for playing lead roles in the films Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge and Dil Kabaddi. She started her film acting career at the age of 18 with the 2008 film “Dil Kabaddi”.
Saba has come a long way in the industry from playing various roles to singing for several Bollywood movies like Nautanki Saala, Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota, Karwaan, and Shaandaar. Saba Azad is in the headlines for her relationship with Hrithik Roshan. Saba is very active on social media and always shares beautiful images and videos on her Instagram account, where she has more than 353k followers.
Saba Azad was born on 1 November 1990 (Thursday) in a middle-class Punjabi family in Delhi, India, to her father’s name “PM Singh Grewal” who was a professor. Saba’s mother’s name is Snehala Hashmi Grewal she is a housewife. She also has an elder brother named Samar Singh Grewal who lives in Dubai. Saba had a great interest in dance and acting since childhood and started her journey as a theater artist to make a career in this field, after completing her schooling.
Saba is the niece of legendary street theater artist and director Safdar Hashmi. Influenced by theater since childhood, she grew up learning theater and also performed with Safdar Hashmi’s theater group, Jana Natya Manch. She is professionally trained in several dance forms such as Odissi, Classical Ballet, Jazz, Latin, and more. Saba traveled with her Odissi guru Kiran Segal, a classical dancer, to perform not only in India but also in Nepal, Canada, and England.
Over the years, Saba has done multiple Television advertisements for well-known brands such as Nescafe, Cadbury, Maggi, Tata Sky, Google, Vodafone, and others. The journey of actress Saba towards cinema began when Saba got the lead role in the short film “Guroor”, which is directed by Ishaan Nair. We do not have any information about Saba Azad’s education yet, as soon as we get any information related to her education, we will try to update it as soon as possible.
Saba Azad met Imaad Shah, son of actors Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah, after entering the Indian film industry, both of them had a common passion, due to which both slowly started coming closer to each other, and in the year 2013, Imaad Shah confirmed that they were dating each other since last one year. But after some time they broke up. As you know, in the year 2014, Hrithik Roshan and his wife Sussanne Khan decided to part ways and moved on with their respective lives.
In January 2022, this is the first time when Hrithik Roshan has been seen at the gathering and since then fans are wondering if they are dating. According to a report in Bollywood Hungama, Hrithik, and Saba are dating each other. More recently, they have been spotted having dinner together at a restaurant in Mumbai, holding hands when they exited the restaurant.
Social Media Info
|Birth Name||Saba Singh Grewal|
|Full Name||Saba Sultana Azad|
|Profession||Actress, Theatre Director, Musician, Restaurateur|
|Famous Role||“Preity Sen” in Bollywood film “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge” (2011)|
|Debut||Short Film: “Guroor”|
Film: “Dil Kabaddi” (2008) as “Raga”
Music: “Madboy/Mink” (2012) with Imaad Shah
Web Series: Ladies Room, as Dingo (2016)
|Date of Birth (DOB)||1 November 1990 (Thursday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||33 Years|
|Education Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening To Music, Dancing|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 160 cm|
in meters– 1.60 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-25-32|
Family & Boyfriend
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Imaad Shah a.k.a Madboy (Actor, Musician)|
Hrithik Roshan (Actor, Entrepreneur)
|Father||PM Singh Grewal (Professor)|
|Mother||Snehala Hashmi Grewal|
|Brother||Samar Singh Grewal (Elder, Lives in Dubai)|
|Salary/Income (approx.)||INR 5 lakhs- 10 Lakhs/ Project|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 Million, In INR 8 Crore (As of 2023)|
If you Like Saba Azad and want to know more about her, You can follow her on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Saba Azad Instagram: @sabazad
Saba Azad Twitter: @sabazadofficial
After completing her schooling, Saba Azad began her acting career as a theatre artist from where Saba landed a lead character in the short film titled “Guroor,” which was directed by Ishaan Nair. Her Bollywood debut took place when Saba got a role in the film “Dil Kabbadi” (2008) as Raga. After this, Saba got a lead role in the film “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge” (2011) as Preity Sen. In the year 2010, Saba began her own theatre company named “The Skins” and directed her first play titled “Lovepuke” (2010).
In the year 2012, working with actor, musician, and the son of actors Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah, Imaad Shah, Saba began her indie electronic band named “Madboy/Mink.” With her band gaining immense popularity amongst the youth, Saba also recorded a few songs for a few Bollywood films, such as “Nautanki Saala” in 2013 in which Saba recorded the songs, “Dhak Dhak Karne Laga” and “Dil Ki Toh Lag Gayi.”
In the year 2013, Saba lent her voice to the “Dhoom Anthem”. She is also known for the song, “Calcutta Kiss” in the movie Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! in 2015, “Neend Na Mujhko Aaye” in the film Shaandaar in 2015, “Dekhe Meri Aankhon Mein Jo” in the film Main Aur Charles in 2015, “Bhar De Hamaare Glass” in the film Karwaan in 2018 and “Nakhrewaali” in the film Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota in 2019.
Saba made her web series debut with the web series “Ladies Room” as ‘Dingo’ in 2016, and thereafter, she appeared in limited series by YRF “Love Shots” as ‘Preeti’ in 2016, and anthology web series titled “Feels Like Ishq” as ‘Tarasha Ahmed’. She also has appeared as Parvana Irani a.k.a. Pipsy in Sony Liv’s web series named “Rocket Boys” and “Rocket Boys season 2”.
- Saba posted an image on her Instagram account on 26th March 2017 (Sunday), in which the actress mentioned that her original name was Saba Singh Grewal, but Saba chose to change her name to Saba Azad. Saba did this to feel free from all the tags that are given to people, by people. People trolled fiercely on social media for changing the name of actress Saba Azad.
- Saba Azad performed at an anti-CAA (Citizenship Amendment Act) protest that took place in January 2020 at Shaheen Bagh, New Delhi. Saba sang the anthem of India People Theatre Association’s song, “Tu Zinda Hai.” Azad also recited a poem by Faiz Ahmad Faiz, “Bol Ke Lab Azad Hain Tere.” Later, a social media post went viral, claiming that the protest was organized to celebrate the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from Jammu and Kashmir, and criticized her for participating in the protest.
According to the information available on social media, the net worth of Saba Azad is $ 1 million, which is approximately 8 crores in Indian rupees. Saba’s main source of income comes from music shows and albums. Apart from this, Saba also earns well as a lead actress in films.
Some Interesting Facts About Saba Azad
- Saba Azad was born and raised in a middle-class Sikh family in Delhi.
- She began her journey as a theater artist after finishing her studies.
- Saba Azad is the niece of Safdar Hashmi, a minister, writer, and theater director.
- Along with theatre, Saba also loves to dance.
- Her film “Goroor” was presented at various international film festivals in New York and Florence.
- She also did many commercials for some of the well-known brands such as Cadbury, Email, Airtel, etc.
- In June 2020, Saba was seen together with Imaad Shah in a Netflix short film titled “Will You Be My Quarantine?”
- Her first drama is directed by “Lovepuke” (2010).
- Saba’s influence on her music varies from different genres such as blues, jazz, and rock ‘n’ roll to different decades and centuries. Different generations and types of music have been motivating her to work hard.
- The story behind their band name “Madboy/Mink” is that Imaad was nicknamed Madboy by his friends, and Saba got this nickname from her favorite music producer Samrat B.
- She is a big foodie and frequently posts photos of whatever she eats on her Instagram account. Some of her favorite foods are eggs, salmon, and Khasi thali (a Meghalaya dish).
- Actress Saba almost cried when Saba was shooting for “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge”, as Saba was asked to cut her hair short for the role of Preity Sen.
- Saba is also fond of traveling, dancing and loves to attend music festivals around the world.