Raqesh Bapat is an Indian actor, former model, painter, and sculptor. Raqesh Bapat’s first name was Rakesh Vashisht but he later changed his name from Vashisht to Bapat. He mainly acts in Hindi and Marathi films. He is also known for playing lead characters in several Hindi TV series. Raqesh is known for working in the film Tum Bin. He started his career as a model and won titles like ‘Mr. Pune’. Raqesh was also the first runner-up in ‘Grasim Mr. India’ and ‘Mr. International. The TV show Bigg Boss OTT, which is seen in the house of India, has started on 8 August 2021. But this time Raqesh Bapat has been given a place in the show. It will be fun to see how long he will travel in Bigg Boss. Raqesh is very active on social media, and he has a strong female fan following.
Raqesh was born and brought up in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra, India. He did his schooling at a primary school in Amravati, Maharashtra. He later obtained an MBA degree from ‘University of Mumbai’. Raqesh is an excellent painter, apart from painting his hobbies include sculpture, singing, playing the sitar and flute, horse riding, and playing tennis. He received the National Award for his painting when he was in class IX. After completing his studies, Raqesh has worked in many commercials along with modeling in his early days, due to which he got entry into the Bollywood film world.
Raqesh Bapat Age, Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Rakesh Vashisht|
|Nickname||Rakesh, Raqesh Bapat|
|Profession||Actor, Former Model, Painter, Sculptor|
|Popular Role||Aditya Jakhar in television soap opera Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak?, From the year 2010 tot the year 2012|
|Debut||Bollywood-Tum Bin, In the year 2001
Marathi-Aayna Ka Bayna, In the year 2012
TV-Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar, From the year 2005 the year 2008
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Hobbies||Painting, Horse-RIding, Playing Tennis, Sculpting, Singing, Traveling, Playing Flute & Sitar|
|Date Of Birth||1st September 1978 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Raqesh Bapat Height, Weight & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||178 cm|
|in Meters||1.78 m|
|in Feet & Inches||5′ 10″|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx.)||Chest-40
|Raqesh Bapat Family & Relatives|
|Father||Padmakar Vashistha (Died, Army Mejor)
|Mother||Name Not Known (School Principal)|
|Raqesh Bapat Wife, Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ridhi Dogra (Actress)|
|Wife||Ridhi Dogra (Actress)
|Marriage Date||29th May 2011 (Sunday)|
|Raqesh Bapat Education Qualification, School and College|
|College/University||University of Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Color||Black, White, Blue, Grey|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Maldives|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Raqesh Bapat has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 75 Kg (165 lbs). Raqesh Bapat always keeps himself fit and he is very healthy Conscious. His chest measurement is 40 Inches, Waist is approx. 32 Inches & biceps measurement is 13 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Black Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Rakesh Vashisht was born on 1 September 1978 in Amravati, Mumbai. Raqesh’s father Padmakar Vashistha was a retired Army Major, his father passed away in January last year. His mother is a principal in a school in Pune. His sister’s name is Sheetal Vashistha.
Raqesh Bapat has been in discussion about his professional life as well as his personal life. Raqesh Ki Serial Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? The first meeting of the beautiful actress Ridhi Dogra took place in this show itself. Soon both became friends and fell in love with each other. The two tied the knot on 29th May 2011 (Sunday) after being in a relationship for about a year.
After 8 years of marriage, the news of the rift between Raqesh and Ridhi started coming. Both tried to save their relationship but things did not work out. In the year 2019, Rawesh and Ridhi decided to separate. Raqesh Bapat and Ridhi had officially announced their separation by issuing a joint statement. On separating from Ridhi, Raqesh had said- ‘There is no reason for this. Sometimes things are not as we think. So much so that only the definition of love has changed for us though we will remain friends. Let us tell you that Ridhi Dogra is the niece of late leader Arun Jaitley in a relationship.
Career In Bollywood
Raqesh started his career with director Anubhav Sinha’s film Tum Bin, which did decent business at the box office. After this film, Raqesh also acted in Dil Vil Pyaar Vyar (2002). Bapat then went on to do movies such as Tumse Milke Wrong Number, in the year 2003, Kaun Hai Jo Sapne Mein Aaya, in the year 2004, Koi Mere Dil Mein Hai, in the year 2005, Naam Gum Jayega, in the year 2005, Jai Maa Santoshi, in the year 2006, Jaadu Sa Chal Gaya, in the year 2006, acted in movies. He returned to films after 6 years with Hindi drama movie Heroine, in the year 2012, directed, written, and co-produced by Madhur Bhandarkar. He also played the role in 2 films, Gippi (2013) and A New Love Ishtory (2013).
Career In Marathi Films
Raqesh made his Marathi film debut with the film Aayna Ka Bayna (2012). From the year 2015, Raqesh’s career in the Marathi cinema grew with movies such as Citizen, in 2015, Vrundavan, in 2016, and Sarv Mangal Savdhan, in 2016. He also appeared in Savita Damodar Paranjpe (2018). The movie gained a very good response. Raqesh played the lead role in 2 Marathi movies in 2019. WhatsApp Love, in 2019, and Mumbai Apli Ahe, in 2019. His role in the Marathi film earned him a nomination for the ‘Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2019’ for Actor in a Leading Role (Male).
Career In Television
Raqesh started his television career in 2005 with the drama Saat Phere… Saloni Ka Safar. This role brought him recognition on television. After the huge success of Saat Phere… Saloni Ka Safar, he got Ek Packet Umeed (2008), Seven – The Ashvamedha Prophecy (2010), Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? (2010 ), His TV show ‘Maryada’ gained a lot of fame and Maryada became the first show on Indian television that had a gay story and in the year 2011, he did another TV show called ‘Simply Sapney’.
In 2013, Raqesh Bapat took part with his wife Ridhi Dogra in Nach Baliye 6, a dance, reality-television series that airs on Star Plus. He replaced Karan Singh Grover for the lead character in the hugely famous Hindi soap opera Qubool Hai (2012) (2014). In 2016, he replaced Karan Grover for the lead role of Shantanu Kant in Bahu Hamari Rajni Kant and also played a minor role in Tu Aashiqui (2018) TV show. Recently in 2021, he participated in the very controversial and popular show Big Boss OTT, which is hosted by Karan Johar.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Raqesh Bapat and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Raqesh Bapat at Instagram-@raqeshbapat
Some Unknown Facts About Him
- Apart from Hindi films, Raqesh also works in Marathi films. And he has also worked in many TV shows, he got a lot of fame from his film Tum Bin.
- Raqesh Bapat has not only been an actor and painter but also a former model, sculptor. He has modeled for several famous endorsements.
- Raqesh Bapat participated in Grasim ‘Mr. India’ in the year 1999, in which Bapat was the 1st runner-up.
- Apart from this, he has also been ‘Mr. Pune’ and was also the 1st runner-up in ‘Mr. International’.
- Not many people know that Raqesh has also received the National Award for painting. Raqesh was in the ninth class then.
- Raqesh is very creative. He has a great love for painting. They also do sculpture along with painting. Raqesh also keeps sharing pictures of paintings and sculptures on his Instagram account. Raqesh has made many Ganesha with his own hands. Then their pictures are shared on Insta.
More Facts About Him
- After the year 2006, the actor took a break from movies and joined the world of television (Raqesh Bapat TV shows). After 6 years, in the year 2012, the actor made a comeback in movies. Then Raqesh appeared in Madhur Bhandarkar’s film ‘Heroine’. Along with movies, Raqesh Bapat also continued to do daily soap operas and reality shows in between.
- Raqesh married TV actress Ridhi Dogra in the year 2011. However, their marriage could not last long. They married in February 2019. Even after the divorce, good tuning remains between the two. They both are still friends.
- Divorce from his wife Ridhi and then his father’s death broke him badly. Raqesh stated that both incidents affected him badly. Anyhow, Rakesh tried to take care of himself and move on.
- Raqesh Bapat stated that he also has an anxiety problem. He said, there was a time when he could not sleep for two consecutive weeks. The actor was on the verge of breaking down. Both his mother and sister were very scared. Bapat was shocked to see his condition.
- Raqesh is active on social media, and he has a strong female fan following.