Prachi Desai is an Indian actress and model, who works in Bollywood films and television. She began her television career by playing the lead role of ‘Bani’ in Ekta Kapoor’s successful television drama Kasam Se on Zee TV. In a short time, Prachi attained a lot of success in Hindi soap operas and is a hit Indian television actress. Prachi made her Bollywood debut in the 2008 movie Rock On!!. Her other renowned features include Life Partner (2009), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), Bol Bachchan (2012), and I, Me Aur Main (2013).
Prachi is also the spokesperson, endorser, brand ambassador, and the face of Goa Tourism and Neutrogena products in India. The actress is also the brand ambassador of Lux Lyra. In an April 2021 interview, actress Prachi Desai opened up about her casting couch experience for a big movie. Prachi is very active on social media and always shares her bold, adorable, lovely, travel, life events images and videos on her Instagram account, where Prachi has 4 million followers.
Prachi Desai was born in Surat, Gujrat, India, and raised in Panchgani, Maharashtra, India. She did her schooling at St. Joseph Convent, Panchgani, Maharashtra and after completing her schooling she enrolled herself in the Sinhagad College, Pune, Maharashtra, and started her B.A. in Psychology course but due to make her career in the field of acting she dropped out the college. Prachi was very fond of acting since childhood and she has been preparing herself for acting since childhood, on basis of her hard work, she was selected for her first television soap opera ‘Kasamh Se’ in 2006.
Age, Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Prachi Desai|
|Debut||TV-Kasamh Se, In the year 2006
Film-Rock On!!, In the year 2008
|Language Known||Hindi, Gujrati & English|
|Date Of Birth||12 September 1988 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Surat, Gujarat, India|
|Hometown||Panchgani, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Sketching, Yoga, Reading, Painting, Listening To Music, Dancing|
|Height, Weight & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|In Meters||1.63 m|
|In Feet & Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||34-26-35|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Niranjan Desai (Professor)|
|Boyfriend, Affairs, Husband, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rohit Shetty (Director, Producer, Television Host)
|Education Qualification School and College|
|School||St. Joseph Convent, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Sinhagad College, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||College dropout (B.A. in Psychology course)|
|Favourite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Actor||Shahid Kapoor, Ryan Gosling, Arjun Rampal|
|Actress||Kangana Ranaut, Julia Roberts, Audrey Hepburn, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley|
|Food||Pizza, Cheese Risotto, Chocolate Mud Cake, Lemon & Arugula Rigatoni|
|Film||Bollywood-Dil Chahta Hai, Jab We Met, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin, Kapoor & Sons and Queen
|TV Show||Hot in Cleveland, Tyrant|
|Colour||White, Pink, and Blue|
|Book||Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, and Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi|
|Perfume||Gucci Envy, Chloe and Carolina Harrera 212|
|Restaurant||Indigo Deli, Cafe Zoe, and Out of the Blue in Mumbai|
|Destination||Gstaad in Switzerland, New York, and Milan|
|Salary/Earning (approx.)||INR 1 Crore/Film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 Million|
Prachi Desai has a Stunning figure and she is 163 cm tall which is 5 feet 4 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 55 kg. Prachi Desai is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 34-26-35. She has attractive Black hair and Dark Brown eyes.
Family Background, Boyfriend, and Relationship
Prachi Desai was born on 12 September 1988 (Monday) in Surat, Gujrat, India into a middle-class Gujrati family. As of 2022, Prachi is 33 years old and Prachi’s zodiac sign is Virgo. Prachi’s father’s name is Niranjan Desai, who is a Professor by profession, and Prachi’s mother’s name is Ameeta Desai. Prachi also has a sister and her name is Esha Desai.
Talking about Prachi’s love life, she was in a relationship with Rohit Shetty, who is a director, producer, television host. The relationship of both did not last for a long time and due to some reasons they both are separated, and after that Rohit Shetty got married to Maya Rohit Shetty.
In the year 2006, Prachi got chosen to play the lead character in Ekta Kapoor’s television drama, Kasamh Se. Prachi was cast as Bani, alongside television actor Ram Kapoor. It was Prachi’s acting debut. The show gained her various awards, including the Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role. She then entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the Indian version of BBC Strictly Come Dancing on 7 September 2007 (Friday) with choreographer Deepak Singh.
Prachi was eliminated on 10 November 2007 (Saturday), but entered the contest again via a wildcard entry and ultimately won the competition. Prachi Desai was awarded the Dancing Star of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 2. She also appeared as a cameo character in two episodes of the Star Plus television series Kasautii Zindagii Kay. She played the role of a student in Prerna’s school.
Prachi Desai then made the transition to the Bollywood film industry in 2008 with the movie Rock On!!, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, where Prachi played the character of Farhan Akhtar’s wife. Prachi had to leave Kasamh Se to work in Rock On. Her subsequent movie was Life Partner (2009). In July 2010, Prachi appeared in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai with Ajay Devgan, Emraan Hashmi, and Kangana Ranaut. In the year 2012, Prachi appeared in Teri Meri Kahaani as a cameo character. She then appeared as a lead character in Bol Bachchan alongside Abhishek Bachchan, along with Ajay Devgn and Asin.
The movie proved to be Prachi’s biggest box office success to date. She following appeared in I, Me Aur Main (2013) with John Abraham and Chitrangada Singh. Prachi did another movie, Policegiri with Sanjay Dutt. In the year 2014, Prachi appeared in an item number for Ek Villain in a song called “Awari”. In the year 2016, Prachi acted the character of former cricket captain Mohammad Azharuddin’s wife, Naureen in his biopic movie, Azhar alongside Emraan Hashmi. Prachi again acted as the wife of Farhan Akhtar in Rock On 2, a sequel to Rock On!!. The movie was released on 11 November 2016 (Friday).
After that, Prachi returned to the silver screen after almost 4 years with the Zee 5 film ‘Silence…Can You Hear It?’ released on 26 March 2021 (Friday) also starring Manoj Bajpai, Arjun Mathur, Sahil Vaid, Vaquar Sheikh, and Barkha Singh. Prachi also performed in a music video, Rihaee with Mr.World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal which was released on 22 June 2021 (Tuesday). The song was sung by singer Yaseer Desai and the song was well appreciated by the people. Prachi will be next seen in the Hindi movie Forensic, a remake of a Malayalam movie co-starring Vikrant Massey and Radhika Apte. The actress is even committed to star as a lead actress in the dark fantasy film- Kosha, which is produced by Abhay Raj Kanwar and directed by Amman Advaita.
Prachi was upset with the makers of the movie Rock On 2 for neglecting her character, which was why Prachi was absent from the Rock On 2 concert.
Prachi Desai is a very well-known actress, who has achieved a lot of progress in a very short time, and she is always appreciated for her wonderful act. And today she charges 1 crore rupees for a film due to her good acting. Along with acting, she earns money from various places like brand endorsements, advertisements, and she is also the brand ambassador of Lux Lyra. The net worth of Prachi Desai is around $10 Million which is 72 crores of Indian rupees.
- Rock On!!, as Sakshi Shroff, In the year 2008.
- Life Partner, as Prachi Jadeja / Prachi Bhavesh Patel, In the year 2009.
- Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, as Mumtaaz, In the year 2010.
- Teri Meri Kahaani, as Mahi, In the year 2012.
- Bol Bachchan, as Radhika Raghuvanshi, In the year 2012.
- I, Me Aur Main, as Gauri Dandekar, In the year 2013.
- Policegiri, as Sehar Al Ameri, In the year 2013.
- Ek Villain, as Dancer, In the year 2014.
- Azhar, as Naureen Azhar, In the year 2016.
- Rock On 2, as Sakshi Shroff, In the year 2016.
- Carbon, as Pari, In the year 2017.
- Silence… Can You Hear It?, as Inspector Sanjana Bhatia, In the year 2021.
- Kasam Se, as Bani Dixit (Bani Jai Walia) / Durga Dasgupta / Maithili Mitra / Anamika Dasgupta, From the year 2006 to the year 2009.
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay, as Prachi Chauhan, In the year 2006.
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2, as Contestant, In the year 2007.
- C.I.D., as Herself, In the year 2010.
- Asia Uncut with Jon Niermann, as Herself, In the year 2010.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, as Herself, In the year 2012.
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7, as Herself, In the year 2014.
- The Kapil Sharma Show, as Herself, In the year 2016.
- Naagin, as Herself, In the year 2016.
- Indian Pro Music League, as Herself, In the year 2021.
- Rihaee, Sung by Yasser Desai, as Preeti, DRJ Records, In the year 2021.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||Indian Telly Awards||Best Fresh New Face||Kasamh Se||Won|
|2006||Indian Telly Awards||Best Onscreen Couple (Shared with Ram Kapoor)||Kasamh Se||Won|
|2007||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress in a Lead Role||Kasamh Se||Won|
|2008||Indian Telly Rewards||Special Recommendation||Kasamh Se||Won|
|2009||Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Rock On!!||Nominated|
|2009||Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow-Female||Rock On!!||Nominated|
|2009||International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year – Female||Rock On!!||Nominated|
|2009||Anandalok Puraskar Awards||Best Actress (Hindi)||Rock On!!||Won|
|2011||Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Rock On!!||Nominated|
|2011||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai||Nominated|
|2011||International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai||Won|
|2011||Producers Guild Film Awards||Best Actress in a Supporting Role||One Upon A Time In Mumbaai||Won|
|2011||Screen Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai||Nominated|
|2011||Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female||Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai||Won|
|2013||Stardust Awards||Best Actress in an Ensemble Cast||Once Upon A Time In Mumbai||Won|
|2013||Stardust Awards||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Bol Bachchan||Nominated|
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Prachi Desai and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Prachi Desai at Instagram-@prachidesai
Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Does Prachi Desai smoke? : No
- Does Prachi Desai drink alcohol? : Yes
- Prachi gained several prizes for her active participation in dancing and acting competitions, during her studies.
- During her graduation in Pune, Maharashtra, Prachi began her modelling, during which Prachi sent her pictures to Balaji Telefilms who called her for an audition.
- Prachi is an avid animal lover.
- Prachi left her Arts course mid-way when Prachi was selected for the television soap opera Kasamh Se alongside Ram Kapoor.
- If not an actress, Prachi Desai would have been a counselor.
- Prachi has won 8 television awards for the soap opera Kasamh Se.
- While shooting for Kasamh Se, Prachi got a call from the director of the movie Rock On!! (2008) to meet him in his studio. The actress never imagined that she was being called in for auditioning for a character alongside Farhan Akthar and that Prachi was going to make her debut in Bollywood with that call.
- Due to her prior commitment to Kasamh Se, Prachi used to work for both Rock On!! and Kasamh Se at a time.
Prachi maintains a close intimate relationship with her mentor and closes personal friend Ekta Kapoor.
- In the year 2007, Prachi entered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 2 but got eliminated. However, Prachi entered the contest again as a wild-card entry and eventually won the contest.
- Prachi considers yesteryear American actress Grace Patricia Kelly aka Grace Kelly as her fashion icon.
- Desai is a chocoholic.
- Prachi Desai’s favorite fashion brand is Michael Kors.
Thanks For Reading
Written By–Virat Shukla