Piyush Mishra is an Indian Bollywood film actor, music director, lyricist, singer, screenplay and dialogue writer. He spent his early life in Gwalior, where he completed his primary education. After graduating from New Delhi’s National School of Drama (NSD) in 1986, Piyush Mishra started his career as a theater artist. In the year 1996, he joined the Asmita Theater Group located in Delhi and performed his popular one-man show An Evening with Piyush Mishra. He wrote lyrics for popular Asmita’s plays.
Piyush Mishra has completed his studies at Carmel Convent School, Gwalior. From his childhood, Piyush was interested in singing, painting, and acting. His passion for acting led him to the National School of Drama situated in New Delhi India. After passing out of the National School of Drama in the year 1986, Piyush started doing theater in Delhi itself. Piyush became a part of many popular theater stage shows before venturing into Bollywood Industry.
Biography & Wiki
|Piyush Mishra Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Priyakant Sharma|
|Profession||Actor, Poet, Lyricist, Music Director, Singer, Scriptwriter|
|Debut||TV Series-Bharat Ek Khoj (1988)
Hindi Film-Dil Se (1998)
Tamil Film-Samurai (2002)
Telegu Film-Super (2004)
Lyrics Writing-‘Pagal” from the film Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar! (2000)
Dialogue Writing-The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002)
Singing-“Aarambh Hai Prachand” from Gulaal (2009)
|Language Known||Hindi, Tamil, Telugu & English|
|Date Of Birth||13 January 1963|
|Age (as of 2020)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Piyush Mishra Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.63 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||60 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||132 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Pratap Kumar Sharma|
|Piyush Mishra Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Children||Sons-Josh Mishra, Jai Mishra, Daughter-None|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Acting|
|School||Carmel Convent, School, Gwalior
JC Mills Higher Secondary School, Gwalior
National Schoo of Drama, New Delhi, India
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Directors||Tigmanshu Dhulia, Anurag Kashyap|
|Holiday Destination||Not Known|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$ 5 million|
Piyush Mishra has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 60 Kg (132 lbs). Piyush Mishra always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. He has a nice hairstyle and got White hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Piyush Mishra was born on 13th January 1963 in the heritage city of Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, India. Piyush Mishra was adopted by his father’s eldest sister. His father’s name is Pratap Kumar Sharma and his mother’s name is Taradevi Mishra. He met his wife Priya Narayanan in 1992 when he was directing a play and tied the knot with her in 1995. He lives in Mumbai with his wife and two sons Josh Mishra and Jai Mishra.
Piyush Mishra entered into Bollywood Film Industry in 1998 with the movie Dil Se, in which he appeared in the role of a CBI Investigation Officer. After this, he also wrote dialogues for some special films like the Legend of Bhagat Singh in the year (2002). Piyush got recognition in the Bollywood film industry from Vishal Bhardwaj’s film Maqbool (2003), in the film Piyush played the role of Kaka, which was highly appreciated by the critics and the audience. After this Piyush appeared in many other films, such as Gulal, Gang of Wasseypur, and many more.
Piyush Mishra Filmography
1988 Bharat Ek Khoj
1998 Dil Se
2010 Tere Bin Laden
2011 Bhindi Baazaar
2012 Gangs of Wasseypur
2013 The Playback Singer
2014 Revolver Rani
2015 The Exile
Piyush Mishra Work in Movies
TV Series: Bharat Ek Khoj (1988)
Hindi Film: Dil Se (1998)
Tamil Film: Samurai (2002)
Telugu Film: Super (2004)
Lyrics Writing: ‘Pagal’ from the movie Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar!! in the year (2000)
Dialogue Writing: The Legend of Bhagat Singh in the year (2002)
Screenplay: Yahaan (2005)
Singing: ‘Aarambh Hai Prachanda’ from Gulaal in the year (2009)
Composition: Gulaal (2009)
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Piyush Mishra and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Piyush Mishra at Instagram-@officialpiyushmishra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Does Piyush Mishra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Piyush Mishra drink alcohol?: No
- Legendary ActorPiyush Mishra was born as Priyakant Sharma and was adopted at an early age by his father’s eldest sister, who had no children.
- In his 3rd year at the National School of Drama, he was considered to play the lead role in the famous blockbuster film ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’.
- Piyush Mishra was married to Priya Narayan, both of whom met in the year 1992.
- He won the Zee Cine Award for writing dialogues for the film The Legend of Bhagat Singh in the year 2001.
- He sang the famous song ‘Aarambh Hai Prachanda’ from the movie Gulal in 2009.
- During his time in the National School Of Drama, he composed his first music sheet for ‘Mashreeki Hoor’ a Parsi play.
- He wrote his first poem ‘Zinda ho haa tum koi Shaq nahi’ as an eighth-grader.
- Mani Ratnam cast him in the film Dil Se on the recommendation of casting director Tigmanshu Dhulia.
- He has acted in 25 films, written dialogues in more than 5 films, and has composed lyrics for more than 10 films
- Piyush Mishra was nominated for the Zee Cine Awards for Best Actor in a supporting role for the film Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012.
- His most recent film was The Shaukeens, where he played the lead role.
- In 2018, during the Me Too campaign, former newspaper Ketaki Joshi alleged that he sexually assaulted her in 2014.