Nikhil Chinapa whose real name is Kalengada Bhemaiah Chinapa is an Indian actor, Disco jockey, radio jockey, video jockey, and a TV presenter on MTV India. He was born on the 6th of June 1973, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and he had to move to different cities; as his father served in the Indian Army. He is 47 years old as of 2020. His Sun sign is Gemini.
He has done his primary schooling from ‘Begumpet’s Hyderabad Public School,’ Hyderabad, and completed high schooling from ‘St. Joseph’s Boys High School,’ Bangalore, Karnataka, India. He completed his Bachelor of Architecture from ‘BMS College of engineering,’ Bangalore, India. His favorite activities are Gymming, Travelling, Biking. Nikhil loves to do Adventures like Scuba Diving, and Flyboarding, etc.
Biography & Wiki
|Nikhil Chinapa Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Kalengada Bhemaiah Chinapa|
|Profession||Disco Jockey, Radio Jockey, Video Jockey, Actor|
|Debut||TV-MTV Select (1992)
|Language Known||Kannada, Hindi & English|
|Date Of Birth||6 June 1973|
|Age (as of 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Banglore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Banglore, Karnataka, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Nikhil Chinapa Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||175 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.75 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 9″|
|Weight in Kilograms||77 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||170 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx)||Chest-41
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Lt. Col. Bhemaiah Chinapa (ex-Indian Army Paratrooper)|
|Nikhil Chinapa Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2012|
|Children||Daughter-Anouka Maia Chinapa, Son-None|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Architecture|
|School||Begumpet’s Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad, India
Faust High School, Secundrabad, India
St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School, Banglore, Karnataka, India
|College/University||St. George’s College, Agra
BMS College Of Engineering, Banglore, Karnataka, India
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Food||Idli, Dosa|
|Favorite Cricketer||Rahul Dravid|
|Favorite Restaurant||Rosie Cafe in Vietnam|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Travelling, Biking, Doing Adventures like Scuba Diving and Flyboarding|
|Favorite color||Black, Blue, White|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Goa, Thailand|
|Salary (approx)||INR 9 lakh/Episode|
|Net Worth (approx)||$ 5 million|
Nikhil Chinapa has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 9 inches (178 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 77 Kg (170 lbs). Nikhil Chinapa always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. His chest measurement is 41 Inches, Waist is approx. 32 Inches & biceps measurement is 14 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Nikhil Chinapa belongs to an Army background. His father is a Lt. Col. Bhemaiah Chinapa, the Indian Army Paratrooper. His mother is Ganga Chinapa. He has a brother named Nitish Chinapa. Nikhil is a married man, who dated ‘Pearl Miglani’ (a Disco Jockey) for 6 years, and then got married to her in 2012, Later the couple blessed with a baby girl named ‘Anouka Maia Chinapa.’
After completing his education, he did a course in RJ before he made his appearance in the EntertainmentIndustry. Nikhil established his own music company named ‘Submerge Music’: best known for having instrumental in bringing the most prominent DJ’s to India like Alesso, Swedish House Mafia, Zedd, Tiesto, and much more. In 1992, Nikhil joined MTV and hosted the show MTV Select.
He also hosted MTV’s reality show Splitsvilla for several seasons, and Indian reality shows India’s Got Talent for two seasons. Nikhil joined the popular show ‘MTV Roadies’ as a gang leader and judge on for season 4, 5, 6, and soon, which also featured Rannvijay Singha, Neha Dhupia, Prince Narula, and Dilin Nair. He also was a judge of ‘Fame X’ along with Ganesh Hegde and Daler Mehendi. As an actor, he has appeared in several films like Om Shanti Om in 2007, Zinda in 2006, and Dus in 2005. He is credited as a pioneer for EDM(Electronic Dance Music) in India and has an immense fan following on Twitter among EDM enthusiasts.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Nikhil Chinapa and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Nikhil Chinapa at Instagram-@nikhilchinapa
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Does Nikhil Chinapa smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nikhil Chinapa drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is an Indian radio jockey, video jockey, and TV presenter on MTV India.
- Nikhil was born in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and Nikhil had to move to different cities; as Nikhil’s father served in the Indian Army.
- Actor Chinapa owns a music company called Submerge Music, which is known for producing the leading DJs in India such as Above & Beyond, Alesso, Deniz Koyu, Armin Van Buuren, Swedish House Mafia, Zedd, Hardwell, and Tiesto.
- Nikhil Chinapa has an immense fan following (2 Million) on Twitter among EDM (Electronic Dance Music) enthusiasts, and Nikhil is credited as a pioneer for (Electronic Dance Music)in India.
- The actor used to host a famous weekly radio show called ‘Together’ generally known as TGTR on Sunday nights on www.tgtr.in.
- Nikhil Chinapa was the festival director of ‘Asia’s premier Music Festival’, ‘Sunburn’ in Goa before parting with Percept INC in 2013.
- Actor Nikhil Chinapa solo-hosted MTV Splitsvilla season 2, 4, 5, and co-hosted season 3 with Deepti Gujral, season 6 with Sherlyn Chopra, and season 7 with a well-known Bollywood actress Sunny Leone. Nikhil also hosted many other reality shows like Maldives Travel Awards, India’s Got Talent, etc.
- In the year 2014, Chinapa collaborated with the Indian online fashion brand ‘Koovs.com’.
- Nikhil also judged youth-based reality show ‘MTV Roadies’- season 4, 5, 7 & ‘Roadies Rising’ (2017).
- Besides his stint as a VJ, Nikhil has also made small appearances in films like Dus (in the year 2005), Zinda (in the year 2006), and Om Shanti Om (in the year 2007).
- In an interview, Nikhil Chinapa revealed that his parents still ask him when would Nikhil get a real job.
- Chinapa was one year senior to Rahul Dravid in school.