Neena Gupta is a successful actress, TV artist and film director, and producer in the Hindi cinema world. Known for her work in both art-house and commercial films, Neena Gupta was born on 4 July 1959 in Delhi. Her father’s name is RN Gupta.
She attended her early studies at Sanawar Lawrence School. Neena did her Master’s Degree and M.Phil .in Sanskrit and is an alumnus of the National School of Drama, New Delhi. She received the Indian National Science Academy Young Scientist award in 2014.
Biography & Wiki
|Neena Gupta Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Neena Gupta|
|Profession||Actress, Television Director|
|Debut||Film, Hindi (Actor)-Saath Saath (1982)
TV (Actor)-Khandaan (1985)
Film, Malayalam (Actor)-Vasthuhara (1991)
TV (Director)-Saans (1999)
|Language Known||Hindi, Malayalam & English|
|Date Of Birth||4 June 1959|
|Age (as of 2020)||61 Years|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Neena Gupta Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||161 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.61 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 3″|
|Weight in Kilograms||60 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||132 lbs|
|Family & Relatives|
|Father||Late R. N. Gupta|
|Mother||Late Shakuntala Gupta|
|Neena Gupta Boyfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Alok Nath, Shaarangdev, Vivian Richards, Vivek Mehra,|
|Husband||First Husband-Name Not Known
Second Husband-Vivek Mehra
|Marriage Date||Second Marriage-15 July 2008|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||M. A.
M. Phil in Sanskrit
|School||The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna|
|Favorite Food||Rajma Chawal|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Favorite Color||Cherry Red|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Shimla, Jammu & Kashmir|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2 Million-$3 Million|
Neena Gupta has a Stunning figure and she is 161 cm tall which is 5 feet 3 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 60 kg. Neena Gupta is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She has attractive Black hair and Black eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
She is a woman with more talent in her little finger than anyone else. Her father’s name is R.N Gupta and her mother’s name is Shakuntala Gupta, but her mother died due to cancer. Neena Gupta faces so many ups and downs in her life also her love life has been a roller coaster ride. She is an inspiration for every woman who is born with a liberal mind. Neena’s first affair short was with Alok Nath. In the 1980s, Neena was in a highly publicized relationship with former West Indies cricketer Vivian Richard’s.
Viv Richard had an image of being a casanova. In 2002 she was when 43 years old she met a Delhi- based Vivek Mishra, a chartered accountant and Partner with Pwc India in a secret ceremony in the United States. They both were in a relationship for 6 years before the two finally tied the knot. She might have found her perfect match.
Actress Neena has made appearances in several international films, such as Gandhi(1982), The Deceivers(1988), Mirza Ghalib(1989), Drishti (1990). Gupta appearances in Hindi movies were especially noted in the satirical movie, Jaane Bhi Do Yarro. In 2018 she accepted comedy-drama “Badhaai Ho”.At the age of 60, she becomes the second- eldest Best Actress nominee in Filmfare Award history after Sharmila Tagore. Neena started with Madhuri Dixit in Khalnayak (1993); she was featured in the popular song ” Choli Ke Peeche kya hai” in the movie. Neeta also hosted the India version of the TV series. Gupta has directed successful TV series, such as Saans (1999) and many other series. Neena achieved the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in 2019.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Neena Gupta and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Neena Gupta at Instagram-@neena_gupta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Her
- Does Neena drink alcohol?: Yes
- Neena is a popular veteran Indian actor.
- Reportedly, Neena’s mother wanted her to become an IAS officer.
- Gupta used to play hockey while she was in college.
- As per the sources, Neena Gupta got married at the age of 16th to a boy from Kolkata, West Bengal, India, who was an IIT Delhi pass out, but the marriage lasted for only two years.
- Gupta completed a three-year course from the National School of Drama in 1982.
- In the year 1982, Neena Gupta debuted in the Bollywood film ‘Saath Saath’. Later, she acted in many other Bollywood films, including ‘Gandhi’ (in the year 1982), Mandi (in the year 983), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron (in the year 1983), Rihaee (in the year 1988), Swarg (in the year 1990), and Drishti (in the year 1990).
- Neena received Rs. 10,000 for the movie ‘Gandhi’ in the year 1982.
- in The year 1985, Neena started acting in the Hindi TV serials. She acted in various TV serials, like Daddy (in the year 1989), Drishti (in the year 1990), Saans (1999), Siski (in the year 2000), Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (in the year 2004), and Kitani Mohabbat Hai (in the year 2009).
More Facts About Her
- Neena Gupta has acted in a few Malayalam films, like ‘Vasthuhara’ (in the year 1991) and ‘Aham’ (in the year 1992).
- Gupta appeared in the famous item song ‘Choli Ke Peeche’ from the film ‘Khalnayak’ (in the year 1993) along with Madhuri Dixit.
- in the year 1997, Neena’s pop album, ‘Go To Court’ was released, which was a big flop.
- in the year 1999, Gupta debuted as a director in the TV serial ‘Saans.’
- Neena hosted a TV game show ‘Kamzor Kadi Kaun’ in 1999, which was aired on Star Plus.
- Gupta has acted in many other Bollywood films, including Alone (in the year 2015), Veere Di Wedding (in the year 2018), and Mulk (in the year 2018).
- in the year 2018, Neena acted in the blockbuster film ‘Badhaai Ho.’ Her acting skills in the film were well appreciated by the audience and critics.
Little Facts About Her
- Neenareceived an appreciation letter from the legendary actor, Amitabh Bachchan, for her film ‘Badhaai Ho’ in 2018.
- Neena penned down the script of the Hindi TV web-series, ‘Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain’ in 2018.
- After the success of Badhaai Ho (in the year 2018) in which she received critical acclaims for her performance, she appeared in many more Hindi films, like ‘Music Teacher’ (in the year 2019), ‘The Last Color’ (in the year 2019), ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (in the year 2020), and ’83’ (in the year 2020).
- Before getting married to Vivek Mehra in the year 2008, Neena Gupta was reportedly engaged thrice, but none of them ended in marriage.
- Gupta considers her father as her biggest support system during the tough conditions in her life.
- Neena has appeared in many TV commercials.
- Neena Gupta has featured on the cover of various renowned magazines.
- Gupta owns a pet dog, Luca.
- Gupta has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In an interview, Neena said that her biggest regret was to give birth to a child without getting married.