Kusha Kapila is a well-known Indian actress, fashion editor, comedian, YouTuber, content writer, and social media celebrity, who works predominantly for the renowned Indian media platform, iDiva. She is recognized for playing the fictional character of “Billi Masi”. Coming from such a simple family and small town, today she has made a new identity in social media and today Kusha Kapila is a very big name on YouTube and Instagram.
Today, Kusha Kapila has made a good identity among everyone from the Bollywood industry to the media industry. Kusha is very active on social media and always shares her adorable pictures and videos on her Instagram account, where she has more than 3.2 million followers.
Kusha Kapila was born on 19 September 1989 (Tuesday) in Delhi and she was brought up in North Delhi. She did her schooling in South Delhi and after completing her schooling she went to attend Delhi University’s Indraprastha College for Women and from there she completed her graduation in English Literature. Thereafter, she went to the National Institute of Fashion Technology to pursue a Bachelor of Design. While in college, Kusha joined the theater and performed in street plays. Kusha initially wanted to become a journalist.
After finishing her graduation, Kusha began working as a merchandising intern at Indian International. Kusha worked there for three months and joined Chisel Effects, Noida as a Product Design Intern. She worked as a fashion correspondent in a Delhi-based firm at the beginning of her career. After that, Kusha Kapila worked as a text analyst and scientific writer at Fashion Forward Trends FFT.
Family & Husband
Kusha Kapila was born into a middle-class Punjabi family. There is not much information available about Kusha’s family. Kusha has a brother named Arjun Kapila. Talking about her personal life, she was in a relationship with Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia, who is an Employee at Diageo. They both got married on 5 May 2017 (Friday). The couple has a daughter named Maaya.
Kusha Kapila Bio
|Real Name||Kusha Kapila|
|Profession||Actress, Fashion Editor, Comedian, YouTuber, Content Writer, and Social Media Celebrity|
|Famous For||Playing the fictional character “Billi Maasi” in iDiva’s videos|
|Debut||Film- Ghost Stories (2020)|
Web Series- Son of Abish (2014)
|Date of Birth (DOB)||19 September 1989 (Tuesday)|
|Age (As of 2023)||34 Years|
|School||She did her schooling at a school in South Delhi.|
|College/University||• Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi University|
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
|Education Qualification||• Graduation in English Literature from Indraprastha College for Women|
• Bachelor of Design from the National Institute of Fashion Technology
|Hobbies||Singing, Traveling, Dancing|
|Controversy||Kusha Kapila once got a backlash for stereotyping women in her videos, especially the South Delhi girls.|
|Height (approx.)||165 (in centimeters)|
1.65 (in meters)
5′ 5″ (in feet & inches)
|Weight (approx.)||70 (in kilograms)|
154 lbs (in pounds)
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-35|
Family & Husband
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia (Employee at Diageo)|
|Husband/Spouse||Zorawar Singh Ahluwalia (Employee at Diageo)|
|Marriage Date||5 May 2017 (Friday)|
Social Media Info
If you Like Kusha Kapila and want to know more about her, You can follow her on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Kusha Kapila Instagram: @kushakapila
Kusha Kapila Twitter: @KushaKapila
In the year 2013, she began her career as a Fashion Correspondent for a Delhi-based firm Apparel Online. Thereafter, Kusha worked for Fashion Forward Trends as a Content Writer and Trend Analyst. In May 2014, Kusha joined Razorfish and began working as a copywriter. Afterward, content writer Kusha Kapila worked as a Digital Content Head and Content Developer. In the year 2016, Kusha moved to Times Internet and worked there as a Fashion Editor. Later, Kusha joined iDiva as a content writer and bumped into the fashion editor there. At iDiva, she began creating videos for their Facebook page.
While making the videos, Kusha created the character named “Billi Masi,” which, later, went on to become a tremendous hit, and she got a lot of fame with this. Later, Kusha performed numerous other characters that were well-received by the audience. She has also worked with multiple famous faces from Bollywood including Abhishek Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
Kusha made her first debut with the television show named “Son of Abish” hosted by Abish Mathew. In the year 2020, Kusha appeared in an anthology Netflix film titled “Ghost Stories” and she was also in Netflix India’s YouTube show Behensplaining.
Kusha performed in the 2021 Amazon Prime comedy reality show “LOL: Hasse Toh Phasse”. In the year 2022, Kusha was seen in a friendly sketch comedy show titled “Case Toh Banta Hai” on Amazon MiniTV alongside Riteish Deshmukh. She also performed the character of “Nicole” in Season 2 of the Netflix TV series Masaba Masaba.
Kusha co-hosted season 3 of Comicstaan. Kusha made an appearance as Seema in the film named “Plan A Plan B” starring Tamanna Bhatia and Riteish Deshmukh. She also appeared as a part of the jury in season 7 of Koffee With Karan. In February 2023, Kusha appeared in Minus One: New Chapter and Selfiee as Tara.
Some Interesting Facts About Kusha Kapila
- Watching movies, listening to music, traveling, and swimming are some of her favorite pastimes.
- According to her, Kusha was very fond of dancing and singing since childhood.
- Kusha follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is frequently spotted drinking alcohol on several occasions.
- Kusha likes poetry and does a small content work called “Kavita Ki Kavita”.
- Kusha is well-versed in Hindi and English languages.
- She has starred on the covers of magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar.
- She is an active philanthropist and is associated with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) such as VoLIndia and Naz Foundation (India) Trust.
- Kusha first met Indian filmmaker and television personality Karan Johar during a fashion week in Mumbai, Maharashtra. When Kusha reached the venue, Kusha was surprised to see Karan waving his hand and saying that he was a big fan of Kusha.
- Kusha has a massive fan following on the internet which includes not just the common people, but also, multiple famous Bollywood celebrities such as Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, etc.
- She took the idea of her famous character “Billi Masi” from a lady that Kusha met in real life. She had met the woman at a party of a friend’s relative at Chhatarpur Farm in Delhi.
1 thought on “Kusha Kapila Wiki, Age, Husband, Bio & More”