Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress and filmmaker who works in Hindi films. Kangana was born on 23 March 1987 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India. At the age of 16, she relocated to Delhi to become a model. She did her schooling from DAV School, Chandigarh with science as a core subject. She is a well-trained Kathak dancer.
Biography & Wiki
|Kangana Ranaut Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Kangana Amardeep Ranaut|
|Nickname||Arshad, OTA (One Take Actor)|
|Profession||Actress, Writer, Director|
Director-Manikarnika-The Queen Of Jhansi
|Language Known||Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam & English|
|Date Of Birth||23 March 1987|
|Age (as in 2020)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Kangana Ranaut Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||168 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.68 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 6″|
|Weight in Kilograms||55 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||121 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx)||34-26-34|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Kangana Ranaut Boyfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Aditya Pancholi, Adhyan Suman, Ajay Devgan, Nicholas Lafferty, Hrithik Roshan|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|School||DAV Model School, Sector 15, Chandigarh|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actors||Amir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Marilyn Monroe, Sridevi, Audrey Hepburn, Kajol|
|Favorite Food||Dal Chawal, Berry Burst|
|Favorite Beverage||Coffee, Red Wine|
|Favorite Book||Mahatma Gandhi Autobiography-The Story Of My Experiments With Truth by Mahatma Gandhi|
|Favorite Fashion Icon||Sonam Kapoor|
|Favorite Restaurant||KongPoush In Mumbai|
|Favorite Hotel||Soho Grand Hotel In New York, Le Meurice In Paris, Four Seasons In Maldives, Courthouse In London|
|Favorite Perfume||Chanel No.5|
|Favorite Film||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Writing, Doing Yoga, Listening to Music|
|Car Collection||BMW 7, Mercedes – Benz GLE|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Paris, Milan, London, New York|
|Salary (approx)||INR 11 crore/Film|
|Net Worth (approx)||INR 93 Crore|
Kangana Ranaut has a Stunning figure and she is 168 cm tall which is 5 feet 6 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 55 kg. Kangana Ranaut is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 34-26-34 and she has attractive Black hair and Dark Brown eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
She belongs to a Rajput landlord family. Her father’s name is Amardeep Ranaut, is a businessman, and her mother, Asha Ranaut, is a school teacher. Her elder sister’s name is Rangoli Chandel, who as of 2014 works as her manager and a younger brother, Akshat Ranaut. Kangana grew up in a joint family at their ancestral haveli in Bhambla.
She made her feature film debut in the 2006 thriller “Gangster”, for which she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Ranaut received praise in the dramas ‘Woh Lamhe (2006)’, ‘Life in Metro (2007)’, and ‘Fashion (2008)’. She featured in the commercially successful films ‘Raaz: The Mystery Continues (2009)’, ‘Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), and ‘Tanu Weds Manu (2011). In 2013, she played a mutant in the science fiction film ‘Krrish 3’, and one of the highest-grossing Indian films. Kangana played a naïve woman in the comedy-drama ‘Queen’ in 2014. Ranaut starred in a series of commercial failures, with the exception of her co-directorial venture, the biopic Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019), in which she portrayed the titular warrior.
Kangana is one of the highest-paid actresses. The Government of India honored her with the ‘Padma Shri’, in 2020. Her Net Worth of $12 million, She charges 11-12 crore per film. Actress Kangana received a whopping Rs. 110 million rupees for the film ‘Rangoon’, which is the highest payment ever made to a Bollywood actress for a film.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Kangana Ranaut and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Kangana Ranaut at Instagram-@kanganaranaut
Some Lesser Known Facts About Her
- Does Kangana smoke?: Yes
- Does Kangana alcohol?: Yes
- Kangana Ranaut was born to a well-off Rajput landlord family of Himachal Pradesh.
- Kangana grew up in a male dominant conservative joint family and the biased restriction made her rebellious. Ranaut told in an interview, “My father slapped me for the first time at 15 and I told him, If you slap me I will slap you back.”
- Her mother wanted her to get married at the age of 16, but Kangana Ranaut straightaway showed her disapproval.
- In her childhood, Kangana rarely saw films; as her hometown didn’t have a theatre, and DVDs were a rarity at that time.
- Ranaut was always a bright student and aspired to become a doctor. As a science student, Kangana Ranaut used to study for around 18 hours a day and secured 90% in her intermediate. But Kangana suffered a setback when she failed to clear her pre-medical, which made her quit studies and move out of her hometown.
- While studying at DAV School in sector -15, Chandigarh, India, she shared her hostel room with Ranita and Bonding who became her close friends, and they were called “Charlie’s Angels.
- In her younger days, Kangana Ranaut was an active participator in the beauty contests.
- She was kicked out of her house when Kangana told her family that she wanted to enter the glamour world.
- When she moved to Delhi, Kangana Ranaut initially learned music, and in 2003, she joined the Elite Modelling Agency in Delhi in 2003, to become a model.
- Before doing films, she worked as a theatre actor in Delhi with Asmita Theatre Group. Kangana’s first play was Girish Karnad‘s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan). Moreover, she also did plays for Arvind Gaur’s workshop at India Habitat Centre.
More Facts About Her
- Before doing films, Kangana worked as a theatre actor in Delhi with the Asmita Theatre Group. Ranaut’s first play was Girish Karnad‘s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan). Moreover, Kangana Ranaut also did plays for Arvind Gaur’s workshop at India Habitat Centre.
- In 2005, Kangana’s younger sister Rangoli Chandel was attacked with acid by a man, who had entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- She learned acting skills from Asha Chandra’s acting school in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- When Kangana was in Mumbai for a catalog shoot, she gave auditions to Mohit Suri, Anurag Basu, and Mahesh Bhatt, for the film ‘Gangster’ (2006). Mahesh Bhatt was reluctant to cast her; She considered her too young for the role, and instead, She shortlisted Chitrangada Singh. Two months later, the dejected Kangana Ranaut got a call from Anurag Basu that Kangana has been selected to play the lead role in the film as Chitrangada had some issues with the outdoor shoot.
- After making Kangana’s acting within the Bollywood film Gangster in 2006, Kangana was felicitated at her school in DAV Chandigarh by her principal ma’am Dr. Sachdeva who crowned her as the “Pride of DAV.”
- She is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22 Year, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008).
- Kangana went to New York for her scriptwriting course but had to leave it midway; as she had to return to India to promote her film ‘Queen.’
- Earlier, she used to be a hardcore non-vegetarian, in 2013, Kangana turned vegetarian. Moreover, in the same year, Ranaut was listed as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA.
- She has won 3 National Films Awards for her performance in Fashion (2006), Queen (2014), and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- Kangana Ranaut is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Ranaut’s first crush was English footballer, David Beckham
- She has hardly seen a dozen films and doesn’t watch at all TV shows.
- Kangana dreams of purchasing an organic farmhouse and a stable in Shimla after she retires from her work.
- In September 2017, Kangana Ranaut revealed explosive things about her personal life and Bollywood film industry on Rajat Sharma‘s ‘Aap Ki Adalat.’
- A few days before the release of her film ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,’ President Mr.Ram Nath Kovind watched a special screening of it at Rashtrapati Bhavan Cultural Centre; where She also felicitated the cast and crew of the film.
- On 15 January 2020, Kangana Ranaut added another feather to her cap after launching her production company, Manikarnika Films at Pali Hills in Mumbai. Kangana’s sister Rangoli, while sharing the news on her Twitter handle, tweeted, This is Kangana’s studio in Pali Hill prime location in Mumbai; she saw this dream 10 years Later and today we also saw it, if people can achieve anything with honesty and truth why do people do Choti Moti Bundlebazi and act so dishonest.”
- Kangana Ranaut spearheaded the row over nepotism following Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death after he committed suicide on 14 June 2020. She blamed certain dominant lobbies in Bollywood for promoting nepotism and treating outsiders in the industry as outcasts. Kangana was praised heavily on social media for leading the nepotism row to criticize such lobbies in the industry. Ranaut’s Instagram followers were also increased after that.