Jonita Gandhi is an Indian playback singer Jonita predominantly worked in Hindi and Tamil languages and known for her YouTube presence. Her singing debut in Bollywood began through the Chennai Express title track in the year 2013.
Jonita was born on 23rd October 1989 in New Delhi, India. Jonita Gandhi moved to Canada with her family when she was a few months old and grew up in the Brampton-Toronto area. She did her schooling at Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Canada. Jonita attended the University of Western Ontario where Jonita finished her degree in Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc), Honors Business Administration (HBA). During university, Jonita worked as an intern at CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) World Markets but continued to sing and perform throughout her education. The singer has had formal training in Western and Hindustani classical singing.
Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Jonita Gandhi|
|Nickname||Jonita, Toronto’s Nightingale|
|Singing Debut||Bollywood-Chennai Express, in the year 2013|
|Language Known||Hindi Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Punjabi, Kannada Malayalam & English|
|Date Of Birth||23 October 1989|
|Age (as of 2021)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.63 m|
|Height in Feet & Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||57 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||126 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||34-25-35|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Family & Relatives|
|Boyfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc), Honors Business Administration (HBA)|
|School||Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Canada|
|College/University||Richard Ivey School of Business (University of Western Ontario)|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Food||Tofu, Sushi, Aamras Puri|
|Singers||A. R. Rahman, Benny Dayal, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhonsle|
|Songs||‘Lag Jaa Gale’ from the movie ‘Woh Kaun Thi’
‘Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha’ from the movie ‘Anpadh’
‘Aji Rooth Kar Kahan Jaiyega’ from the movie ‘Aarzoo’
|Musician||A. R. Rahman, Bruno Mars, East or West|
|TV Shows||Dexter, Silicon Valley, The Big Bang Theory, Girls|
|Music Genre||Romance, Classical Music, Opera|
|Color||Black, Grey, Blue, White|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Paris|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Jonita Gandhi has a Stunning figure and she is 168 cm tall which is 5 feet 6 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 53 kg. Jonita Gandhi is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 33-26-33 and she has attractive Black hair and Black eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Her father’s Deepak Gandhi he is a musician by hobby and an electrical and electronics engineer by profession, recognized her potential and encouraged her to sing and her mother’s name is Sneh Gandhi. She has also a brother named Mandeep Gandhi.
Jonita Gandhi’s professional music career began with YouTube cover songs in collaboration with Aakash Gandhi when Jonita was only 17 years old. The videos immediately went viral and led to a myriad of opportunities to perform. Jonita Gandhi’s hits on YouTube began with covers of well-known Hindi-film songs, like Pani Da Rang, Tujhko Jo Paaya, Tum Hi Ho, Suhaani Raat, Yeh Honsla, and many more.
Her starting concerts typically consisted of these covers. Jonita Gandhi’s jump to playback singing started with an opportunity to perform alongside Sonu Nigam. This tour crossed various countries including Russia, UK, the US, and the Caribbean. Afterward, her sights were set on beginning a career in the Bollywood music industry.
On the heels of Sonu Nigam’s world tour, the singer stepped into the world of playback singing with a debut in Chennai Express starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone. The music for this movie was composed by Vishal–Shekhar and her feature in the song was happen-stance; it was during a meeting with Vishal-Shekhar’s mix engineer Abhishek Ghatak. Gandhi further solidified her place in Bollywood with the movie Highway, singing both Kahaan Hoon Main and Implosive Silence. Jonita performed as a playback singer with music directors including A. R. Rahman and Pritam.
Rahman featured Jonita in the concert movie One Heart (movie) and typically requests Gandhi to perform with him at concerts; in an example, Jonita performed at the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai with Salim Merchant & Sulaiman Merchant and Amit Trivedi on MTV Unplugged. The singer is presently involved in mentoring and judging the Indian kids singing reality show Taare Zameen Par on StarPlus.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Jonita Gandhi and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Jonita Gandhi at Instagram-@jonitamusic
Some Lesser Known Facts About Her
- Does Jonita Gandhi smoke: Not Known
- Does Jonita Gandhi drink alcohol: Yes
- Jonita was born in New Delhi, India, but she grew up in Toronto, Canada, and Brampton as her family migrated to Canada when she was only nine months old.
- She has studied Western Classical Music from the Ontario Conservatory of Music.
- Jonita even got trained in Indian Classical Music while she returned to India.
- Interestingly, unlike other singers, the singer didn’t undergo any formal training in singing while growing up.
- Jonita just learned the basics of the art by listening to veteran singers such as Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle.
- Though, later, in order to sharpen her talents so as to become a Bollywood playback singer, she finally had to undergo training in Indian classical singing.
- While doing her graduation, Gandhi ita went under an internship at ‘CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) World Markets.’
More Facts About Her
- Jonita Gandhi even cleared a test to take admission in the medical field but she decided not to be a doctor as she felt that it would not give her enough time for her singing.
- After Jonita’s graduation, she became a part of a musical group led by popular singer Sonu Nigam. As part of the group, Gandhi sings live in various countries viz. Russia, USA, England, etc.
- The Singer says that if not a singer, she would have been a corporate banker.
- She first featured in A. R. Rahman‘s studio album “Raunaq, in the year 2014,” after which, Jonita performed with him in his several other projects.
- Jonita Gandhi’s tryst with music began when she first performed a gig at her father’s show at a Christmas event in Toronto. Jonita was only seven years old at that time. Notably, Jonita Gandhi’s father is a musician by hobby and an Electronics engineer by profession.
- Her ‘Break-Up’ song from the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, in the year 2016 became an instant hit upon release.
- Jonita Gandhi is an avid dog lover.
Q- Is Jonita Gandhi Gujarati?
A- Jonita Gandhi is an Indo-Canadian artist.
Q- Who is the husband of Jonita Gandhi?
A- Currently, she is unmarried, and not date anyone.
Q- How do I contact Jonita Gandhi?
A- If you contact Jonita follow on her social media platforms.
Q- Is Jonita Gandhi related to Mahatma Gandhi?
Q- What is the age of Jonita Gandhi?
A- 32 years (born on 23 October 1989).
Q- Who introduced Jonita Gandhi?
A- Aakash Gandhi.
Q- Where is Jonita Gandhi from?
A- New Delhi, India.