In this article, we will understand what is digital marketing, what are the benefits of digital marketing, and How can Digital Marketing help to Grow our Business. How using digital marketing we can grow our business and earn more profit. We all know that there are different forms of marketing and digital marketing is one such form where all the marketing is done using the internet and online mode. The different technology is available right now through which we can do marketing rather than using the traditional means and methods. The technology has changed a lot, the desktop has been changed to laptops and tablets.
The use of the internet is growing day by day and the number of internet users is increasing on a very fast basis daily. The use of digital platforms has increased considerably during the last decade and it has changed the pattern of doing business in the world. Now, these digital platforms are being incorporated into all the marketing activities that were once done using physical and manual methods. Nowadays people prefer to buy things online and get all the services sitting at home without going to any physical Store, so the businessman has a golden chance and opportunity to use this opportunity to make the maximum out of it.
Different components Of Digital Marketing
Talking about digital marketing there are different components of digital marketing as the most important part is search engine optimization, search engine marketing, influencer marketing, content marketing, campaign marketing, data-driven marketing, E-Commerce marketing, social media optimization, email marketing, and many more. So the combination of all these is called digital marketing. Nowadays, businessmen have understood the real concept behind people’s intentions, which has helped them succeed in this field. All the advertisements are done on digital platforms such as the internet, search engines, different websites, social media, different apps available on mobile phones, emails, messages, and many more. Modern-day marketing is known as digital marketing.
Marketing is an activity where from the beginning, the basic concept was to connect to the audience. The basic function of marketing was to find the customers and target them at the right place, at the right time, with the right products. Now we have seen that people are spending more and more time on their mobile phones and computer screens so this became a very good opportunity for companies and businesses to do marketing where people spend their maximum time.
Steps Involved in Digital Marketing
The different steps in creating a digital marketing strategy we will discuss them one by one.
- Defining our brand – This is the first basic step that anyone needs to follow if he wants to create a digital marketing platform. Every brand has something unique in it we just need to analyze and realize the unique selling points, USPS of our brand, and the value that our brand carries so that it will help us in creating a strong brand image in front of our customers and audience.
- Building buyer’s persona – We need to analyze and realize whom we want to target and who will be our potential customers. We need to think and analyze customers’ demographics as well as all the other factors that motivate a customer to choose any company, any product, or any service available in the market.
- Creating our goal – Every business and every company has goals of them. These goals can be short term, long-term depending upon the business. So it is essential for us to create a goal for our business that we want to achieve, which we have started the business.
- Setting our budget – For any business, budget is one of the most important factors to move ahead. We need to set the budget for our digital marketing campaigns so that we can use it accordingly step by step focusing on each and every part covering each and every aspect so that we can get maximum conversion and maximum profit from the business.
- Campaign launching – After we have followed all the steps, we need to launch our campaign, and our website across different platforms so that our idea, vision, and mission reach every potential customer for which we are in this business.
- Result tracking – The most important part of any strategy building is to track the results. We need to find out what we have done and how much we have succeeded. We need to find out and understand what are the loopholes or the grey areas where we need to focus and work hard to fill all the gaps using different tools like Google Analytics and Google ads which will help us to keep a track of all the strategies and also the return on investment for our business.
Important Strategies Used In Digital Marketing
Like traditional methods of marketing, in digital marketing also, the company has to adopt and implement different strategies for effective communication and conversion. Now we will be discussing a few important strategies that are used by the different businessmen in terms of digital marketing.
- Segmentation – Customers in any form be it physical or online mode needs to be segmented properly so that they can be targeted in the best possible manner. Each and every customer has different choices, different needs, and different behavior. So the basic work of any digital marketer is to understand their customer, understand their needs, demands, and behavior, and then accordingly segment them into different groups so that the right focus and right approach can be used for them.
- Proper use of data – Nowadays, each and every company has lots and lots of data available to them. Each and every company collects data through different sources. But the most important part with data is to segment all these data properly which is called data mining so that these data can be used in the best possible manner and can help us in earning profits and getting more and more conversions for our business.
- Influencer marketing – This is one of the most important strategies that any online business is adopting nowadays. People are using famous personalities, Bollywood stars, actors, and different players to endorse their brands which helps the brand and the business connect to their customers easily and on a large scale. Influencer marketing allows each and every brand to take the advantage of social media where a large audience is available and targeting becomes very easy.
- Search engine optimization – Search engine optimization is basically the process of making our website rank on the top page in the Google result. This is a technique where people do a combination of different tasks in order to rank their websites and web pages on the front page of any search engine. The basic idea behind doing this is to bring more and more traffic to our website and when more and more customers will come there is a chance of getting higher conversion.
- Content marketing – Content Marketing is also a very important strategy used by digital marketers. In this strategy, basically, the focus is on the customers engaging and connecting them through the content. The content can be in any form which can be videos, in form of graphics, blog posts, simple posts, or anything which gives information about the business products, and services from which customers can engage and buy particular products and services.
- Email marketing – Email marketing is one of the most important and widely used strategies that is adopted by digital marketers. The primary reason behind using email marketing is to reach the maximum number of customers at a very cheap cost. Nowadays more and more people use email for their personal and professional usage and getting these customers through email is very easy. Email marketing helps the customers remember our product and brand even if they don’t make a purchase again and again. Email marketing helps us to retain our existing customers and also in making a new customer base by building brand awareness and encouraging repeat purchases.
- Social media marketing – The best form of marketing in terms of digital marketing is social media marketing. Some of the famous social media platforms nowadays are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Nowadays almost everyone uses social media. So this is the best platform to sell any product or service. Social media marketing helps to gain maximum customers with minimum effort and at a considerable cost. According to a survey, an average person using the internet spends more than 25% of his time on social media which means that there is a lot of opportunities for each and every company to grab customers from the social media platform.
Different Ways and Means of Marketing
There are different ways and means of marketing but we need to understand why digital marketing is the best of all. Here we will be discussing a few points which will clearly state why digital marketing is best for our business and how it will help our business grow and earn profits.
- Affordable – Digital marketing is affordable when it comes to spending money on marketing. As compared to other modes of marketing this is one of the cheapest forms of marketing that any business can do.
- Mobile accessibility – We know that more than 50% of the population of our country have their personal smartphones. Digital marketing helps the business to reach all the customers who are using mobile phones using different strategies that we have discussed like email marketing, text marketing, social media marketing, and many more. Digital marketing is that form of marketing that is very much accessible to all its customer because on average a person uses more than 1 hour of mobile phones on a daily basis so this becomes a great opportunity for different companies and brands to be in front of their potential customers.
- Flexibility – This form of marketing helps the companies and brands to be flexible in terms of marketing which can be banner ads, email marketing, social media post, content marketing, and many more. Here, the form of marketing is not limited and there are lots and lots of options available so a company or a brand can be flexible in choosing the right option for themselves and can also change accordingly depending on the results they get.
- Multimedia option – In digital marketing, the company or the brand has the option of going multimedia in front of their customers which can be in terms of content, in that may include photos, videos, audio, or clips. Digital marketing helps the companies to use all these forms of media for their particular ad which is not available in any other form of marketing.
- Tracking system – Whenever any company or any brand applies any strategy or uses any form of marketing, the most important thing for that particular brand is to crack how much they have succeeded in that particular strategy. Digital marketing is the only form of marketing that allows these brands and companies to track their progress and profit in their particular business by showing all the data related to the customer’s conversion and everything they need in order to succeed in their business.
- Global reach – Digital marketing is the form of marketing that helps any business to have a global reach. Any person sitting at their home or in their office can make their products or services available to people living in different countries across the globe. This particular advantage is not available in any other form of marketing. This advantage and option have helped the businesses with many opportunities and we know that the combination of visibility and global reach can be beneficial for any business.
- Effective targeting – In any business, the most important part is to target the right customers. If we are targeting the wrong group of people then we may not get the right conversion and profit as estimated. In digital marketing, we have the option to segment are customers properly according to their needs, choices, demand, and behavior and then we can find what products and services they want and then can target them with the right products. This is a very big advantage that no other form of marketing offers.
- Maximum engagement – Digital marketing allows customers to engage with any particular brand or company. The different options available such as a paid ad, click-through rate allow users to share any blog, post, photo, or video which increases the engagement of other users with that particular brand.
So, at last, we can say that digital marketing is one of the best forms of marketing that any business, any brand, or any company can adopt nowadays to earn profit and grow their business. Technology is changing very fast on a daily basis, so the companies also need to adapt to these changes and work accordingly.
The concept of marketing is changing and has changed a lot, so we need to adjust ourselves according to the changing world and digital marketing gives a lot of opportunities for the customers as well as for the companies to interact with each other and to choose the best for each one of them. Options are available for both companies and for customers as well so it is now up to us that we need to analyze our demands, and needs and then choose the best option for us.