Gauranga Das Prabhu is a well-known spiritual leader in India and a disciple of Param Pujya Radhanath Swami. He is also an inspirational speaker, environmental activist, social reformer, spiritual leader, and educationist. who have contributed to society at large and promoted the teachings of ISKCON at various fora. Gauranga Prabhu is not only connected to Gauranga Prabhu through all his words dedicated to Shri Krishna but also to all the devotees of Krishna from all over the world, who follow the path shown by him.
Gauranga Prabhu was also associated with the country’s first multilingual micro-blogging platform, Koo App, in January 2022. He currently has more than 275K followers on the Kuo app platform, which speaks volumes about his popularity. He is very active on the Koo app and continues to share important teachings from the Shrimad Bhagavad Gita. He shares the teachings and noble thoughts of Shri Krishna with the users through videos etc.
His childhood was spent in Bhilai. Gauranga has been a brilliant student since childhood. He was also good in academics, sports, and various co-curricular activities in school. Gauranga was among the toppers of his class. He graduated from IIT Bombay in 1989 aiming to become an engineer. During his college days, his attention turned towards devotion to Krishna. He started reading the Bhagavad Gita while in college and was curious about the exploration of life and death from an early age.
An incident happened in his life when he was in college when one of his classmates attempted suicide because he failed to get a gold medal in education and while he got a silver medal; Despite this, the boy tried to hang himself from the rope, but his rope broke and he was saved. He tried to do this because he always got a gold medal in almost every exam. In an interview, discussing this incident with his other college friends who were roaming around the campus happily even after failing in 3 or 4 subjects.
And according to Das, this was the philosophy of his college friends: This made him realize that it is the expectations attached to achievements that define whether a person is happy or not. This motivated him to gather knowledge about life and inspired him to join ISKCON.
Gauranga Das Prabhu Bio
|Other Name||HG Gauranga Dasa|
|Profession||• Bhakti Shastri|
• Motivational Speaker
|Known For||Being the Divisional Director of ISKCON (Govardhan Ecovillage) Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Famous Quotes||• Real wealth is not the assets which we require but the ability to discriminate between reality and illusion.|
• Peace is not the absence of chaos but the ability to remain calm in the midst of chaos.
• A person with a controlled mind will not allow any circumstances to affect and impact him.
• Integrity and self-respect is the ability to do or choose the right thing, even when you can get away by doing the wrong thing.
• Impact is dependent on purity and intensity. Numbers, Size and scale do not matter.
• To help others, we first have to learn to see every incident in our life from a positive perspective.
• Loss of results is not such a huge loss as compared to the loss of a person’s confidence.
|Date of Birth (DOB)||Not Known|
|Age (As of 2023)||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|School||• English Medium Middle School Sector 9, Bhilai (Kindergarten-class 8)|
• Delhi Public School, Bhilai (Class 9-12)
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Education Qualification||• B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Bombay (1989-1993)|
Gauranga Das Prabhu Physical Attribute
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest- 40 Inches|
Waist- 31 Inches
Biceps- 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Father||Name Not Known|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Brother||He has one brother|
Social Media Info
If you Like Gauranga Das Prabhu and want to know more about him, You can follow him on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Gauranga Das Prabhu Instagram: @officialgaurangadas
Gauranga Das Prabhu Twitter: @GaurangaDas
Achievements & Awards
- 2017: United Nations Award for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism from the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO): The only one to receive this award in the last 13 years for his initiative on “Ecotourism as a Catalyst for Rural Development” Indian NGO.
- 2017: Mr. Gaurangadas was congratulated by Mr. Vinod Zutshi, Chief Secretary, Ministry of Tourism for leading GEV’s sustainable tourism initiative at the IBSA (India Brazil South Africa) Tourism Conference in Delhi, India.
- 2017: Indian Green Building Council Green Village Platinum Ratings
- 2017: Shri Gauranga Das Prabhu received the title of (Indian Green Building Council) IGBC for his outstanding contribution to the green building movement in India.
- 2017: Aqua Excellence Award for Green Housing from Aqua Foundation
- 2017: Spirit of Humanity Awards in the Livelihood Category of AmericaraceIndia Foundation
- 2017: Smart Village Award from India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) for being a sustainable project in rural areas of Maharashtra
- 2017: Water Digest, Ministry of Water Resources, and ASSOCHAM in partnership with UNESCO conferred the Water Digest Water Award to GEV in the Best Water NGO – Water Education category.
- 2017: National Agri Tourism Award from Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) for ecotourism initiative as a catalyst for rural development.
Some Interesting Facts About Gauranga Das Prabhu
- Gauranga Prabhu, a disciple of Param Pujya Radhanath Swami, is a Sadhu, a motivational speaker, who has changed various lives through his activities, and teachings and strives to bring about a change in society.
- Gauranga Darshan Das is a teacher and author of more than 30 books. He is the dean of the Bhaktivedanta Vidyapeeth at ISKCON Govardhan Ecovillage (GEV) outside Mumbai. He regularly conducts online and residential spiritual courses for children, adolescents, and adults.
- He never planned to become a monk, but gradually, as he began to find answers to his doubts about life, he continued his search for knowledge and became a monk. In the year 1993, Gauranga joined ISKCON as a monk.
- Gauranga Das Prabhu conducted numerous Bhagavad Gita seminars in all the major medical colleges, engineering colleges, and management institutes. He also started social work to improve the lower strata of the society.
- Consultant on stress management in various cooperative organizations for senior managers. Featured in the famous “Atma”, a daily spiritual discourse on Star Television, Gauranga takes the timeless message of the Gita to millions of people in India and the United Kingdom.
- He is a Global Service Officer for the ISKCON Governing Body Commission (GBC). Gauranga is a Trustee of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON )GBC College, a member of the GBC Organizational Development Committee and the GBC Nomination Committee, a Devotee Care of ISKCON temples around the world, and the Divisional Director of the Temple Development, Systems, and Administration Departments. Gauranga is the director of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) award-winning ecovillage community Govardhan Ecovillage and co-chairman of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) Chowpatty temple. He also serves as the Administrator and Managing Director of the Bhaktivedanta Research Center (BRC), Kolkata.
- In the year 2005, Gauranga began Govardhan Eco Village with five humans and eight cattle and as of 2020, there are 250 humans and 100 cattle associated with the village. The main goal of starting Govardhan Ecovillage was to create living spaces, not buildings. This objective is achieved by using natural elements such as clay to build the walls, energy from the sun, fuel from cow dung, and modern technology such as a plastic pyrolysis plant, a solid biotechnology plant for food waste management.
- Inspirational Speaker Gauranga Das Prabhu also launched a rural development scheme at Govardhan Ecovillage which includes women empowerment and has impacted more than twelve thousand family members in tribal villages. The program aims to capture the strengths of rural women and empower them with an inclusive participatory approach to women’s empowerment.
- He lectures on spiritual awakening and sustainable living. Gauranga has represented the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) at different conferences such as TEDx and companies like Intel Salesforce, Google, and many others.
- Gauranga and his team prepared nine lakh thousand boxes of food for rural and tribal villagers in the year 2020 amidst the coronavirus epidemic at Govardhan Eco-Village.
- The first ISKCON school ‘Avanti’ in Mumbai is reported to be inaugurated by Gaurang Dasa and his team in September 2021; There are currently 14 original ISKCON schools operating under this name in the UK.
- Gauranga Das Prabhu has contributed to society in a huge and has expanded the teachings of ISKCON on several platforms.