Bhagwant Mann is an Indian Politician, Former Comedian, Singer & Actor. He is a strong face in the politics of Punjab. At present, Bhagwant Mann is the state president of Aam Aadmi Party’s Punjab unit. Bhagwant Singh Mann, who won the Lok Sabha elections for two consecutive terms from Sangrur in Punjab, has been declared the CM face of the party in Punjab by Aam Aadmi Party’s convener Arvind Kejriwal.
Mann was also a renowned comedian before joining politics. That’s why his spot response and eloquence attract the public a lot. He also ruled crores of hearts with his jokes in all comedy shows. Mann became very popular with the comedy show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge and in this reality show, Navjot Singh Sidhu was seen as a judge. He has an identity apart from being a leader among the people of Punjab. Mann is the only leader of the Aam Aadmi Party’s Punjab unit who has massive fans on his land and social media.
Bhagwant Mann was born and brought up in the village of Satoj in the Sangrur district of Punjab. He received his early education from a government school in Cheema village. Bhagwant Mann had taken admission in the Shaheed Udham Singh Mahavidyalaya of Sunam to pursue a bachelor’s degree (B.Com) in commerce, but he left in the first year. Mann, who was a college dropout, also tried his hand at standup comedy, where his luck shone and he returned to politics after earning a name. Mann had stepped into active politics in the year 2011. However, his launch was not successful. He was defeated in the assembly elections held a year later.
Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Full Name||Bhagwant Singh Mann|
|Profession||Politician, Former Comedian, Singer & Actor|
|Language Known||Hindi, Punjabi & English|
|Date Of Birth||17 October 1973 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Satoj, Sangrur District, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Satoj, Sangrur District, Punjab, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading Books, Listening To Music|
|Height, Weight & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||168 cm|
|in Meters||1.68 m|
|in Feet & Inches||5′ 6″|
|Weight in Kilograms||65 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||143 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx.)||Chest-40
|Family & Relatives|
|Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and Marital Status|
|Marital Status||Divorced (In 2015)|
|Wife/Spouse||Inderpreet Kaur (Ex-Wife)|
|Education Qualification, School and College|
|College/University||Shaheed Udham Singh Government College, Sunam, Sangrur District, Punjab|
|Educational Qualification||12th Pass
B.Com (1st year ) From Shaheed Udam Singh Government College Sunam in 1992
|Favourite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Politician||Arvind Kejriwal (CM, Politician, Former Bureaucrat Activist)|
|Cars Collection||Toyota Fortuner (2013 Model)
Chevrolet Cruze (2013 Model)
|Assets/Properties||Bank Deposits-Rs. 8 Lakh
Jewellery-95 gm Gold jewelry worth Rs. 3 Lakh
Agricultural Lands-Worth Rs, 75 Lakh
Commercial Buildings-Worth Rs. 52 Lakh
|Salary/Earning (approx.) (As a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1.64 Crore|
Bhagwant Mann has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 65 Kg (143 lbs). Bhagwant Mann always keeps himself fit and he is very healthy Conscious. His chest measurement is 40 Inches, Waist is approx. 32 Inches & biceps measurement is 13 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Bhagwant Mann was born on 17 October 1973 (Wednesday) in Satoj village of Sangrur district of Punjab, India. Bhagwant Mann’s nickname is Jugnu. Mann’s father’s name was Mohinder Singh, who was a teacher. His mother’s name is Harpal Kaur, who is a housewife.
Bhagwant Mann was married to Inderpreet Kaur, however, the couple separated in the year 2015. Both have two children. In an interview, Bhagwant Mann himself had told that as long as he was a comedian, he used to give a lot of time to the family. In the year 2014, Bhagwant won by contesting the Lok Sabha elections. Since then, Bhagwant could not give much time to his wife and children. Mann spent a lot of time in public. This is the reason why Bhagwant’s wife got separated from Bhagwant in 2015. Now wife and children live in America. Mann lives alone in Delhi, India, and his Punjab house. Mann tells now people of my Punjab are my family.
In the year 1992, Bhagwant Mann joined Creative Music Company and began doing shows. Bhagwant was active in the field of discography till 2013. Bhagwant Mann joined Youth Comedy Festival and Inter College Competitions. Mann gained two gold medals at Shaheed Udham Singh Government College in Punjabi University, Patiala. In the year 1994, Bhagwant made his movie debut with ‘Kachari’. Bhagwant did more than 12 movies till 2018. He began doing comedy about specific Indian issues such as politics, business, and sports.
His first comedy album was with Jagtar Jaggi. In the year 2006, Bhagwant Mann and Jaggi toured Canada and England with their show No Life with Wife. In the year 2008, Mann appeared in the Great Indian Laughter Challenge, which became famous with his audience. Bhagwant Mann also appeared in the National Award-winning movie named “Main Maa Punjab Di” directed by Balwant Dulat.
Bhagwant Mann has not been a part of the Aam Aadmi Party since its inception. Rather, he started his political innings in 2011 with Manpreet Singh Badal’s party Punjab People’s Party. Bhagwant had contested from Lehra assembly seat in the year 2012 but lost. After this Manpreet joined the Congress and Bhagwant Mann joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). After coming here, he never looked back. In the year 2014, Bhagwant Mann joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and entered the electoral fray from the Sangrur Lok Sabha seat on an Aam Aadmi Party ticket. Here Bhagwant won by more than 2 lakh votes.
In the 2017 Punjab Assembly elections, Bhagwant Mann contested against the then Deputy Chief Minister (CM) of Punjab and Shiromani Akali Dal leader Sukhbir Singh Badal from the Jalalabad assembly seat. However, Bhagwant had to face a loss against Sukhbir Singh Badal. After this, in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Bhagwant Mann again succeeded the Sangrur Lok Sabha seat by more than 1 lakh votes.
In the year 2017 itself, AAP’s Punjab unit was made chief, but in the year 2018 Aam Aadmi Party leaders apologized to Bikram Singh Majithia in the drug allegations and defamation case. After this Bhagwat Mann resigned from his post, but after persuading Kejriwal, Mann accepted the post again. Aam Aadmi Party candidate Bhagwant Mann filed his nomination from the Dhuri assembly seat for the 2022 Punjab Assembly Elections.
His Name was Chosen For The Post of CM
A mobile number was issued by the Aam Aadmi Party to give an opinion on the post of CM. More than 15 lakh suggestions were received on this number in 72 hours. 93.3 percent of the people involved in the survey expressed their opinion in favor of making Bhagwant Mann the candidate for the post of CM, while there were three percent people who want to see Sidhu become the face of the post of CM. Bhagwant Mann became emotional on stage after Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal announced that he would be made the face of the post of CM.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Bhagwant Mann has declared his assets as Rs 1.97 crore. According to the affidavit, Crorepati Mann does not have any house of his own. He lives in a rented house in Sangrur. According to the affidavit, Bhagwant Mann has movable assets worth 48 lakh 10 thousand 174. At the same time, 1 lakh 10 thousand cash and more than 6 lakh amount are in the bank. The AAP candidate has two Toyota Fortuners and a Shervale cruise car worth Rs 27 lakh and a gun worth Rs 20 thousand including 95 grams of gold worth Rs 5 lakh.
- Bhagwant Mann has also been accused of compromising on the security of Parliament. At the same time, in 2015, an alleged audio clip of Aam Aadmi Party MP Bhagwant Mann went viral. In this tape, Bhagwant is heard saying that Arvind Kejriwal does tricks for his leaders. However, Mann had said in his clarification that I have no displeasure with Kejriwal. A conspiracy is being hatched to Infamous me.
- Onetime Bhagwant Mann was accused of reaching Parliament after drinking alcohol. Due to this controversy, in the year 2019, Bhagwant Mann took an oath in the public meeting of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) that Bhagwant would never drink alcohol again. Then Bhagwant Maan came on stage with his mother and swore to his mother and said mother, I have given up alcohol completely, now I will never touch it.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Bhagwant Mann and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Bhagwant Mann at Instagram-@bhagwantmann1
Some Unknown Facts About Him
- Born in Satoj village of Sangrur district of Punjab, Bhagwant Mann has been a well-known comedian.
- Mann, who dropped out of college, emerged as India’s most popular standup comedian
- His first film Kachari came in 1994. In 2001, Bhagwant Mann appeared in the film Gustakhi Maaf made by T-Series. After that, Bhagwant worked in several movies.
- In 2008, he participated in the Great Indian Laughter Challenge, which became very popular among the audience.
- Bhagwant Mann also acted in the film “Main Maa Punjab Di” directed by Balwant Dulat, which won the National Film Award.
- He entered politics a decade ago in 2011 from Manpreet Singh Badal’s People’s Party of Punjab. The politician first contested elections in the year 2012 from Lehra constituency of Punjab.
- In 2014, Bhagwant Mann joined Aam Aadmi Party and contested from Sangrur Lok Sabha seat on the Aam Aadmi Party ticket. Bhagwant Mann reached the Parliament by winning the Sangrur Lok Sabha seat by more than two lakh votes.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Bhagwant Mann again succeeded the Sangrur Lok Sabha seat by more than 1 lakh votes.
- Bhagwant Mann was made the head of Aam Aadmi Party’s Punjab unit in 2017, but in 2018 Aam Aadmi Party leaders apologized to Bikram Singh Majithia in connection with drugs allegations and defamation case. After this Bhagwat Mann resigned from his post, but after persuading Kejriwal, Bhagwant accepted the post again.
- For the Punjab elections in 2022, Aam Aadmi Party declared Bhagwant as the chief ministerial candidate of Punjab and made him an MLA candidate from the Dhuri seat in the Vidhan Sabha elections.
Thanks For Reading
Written By–Amit Shukla