Arnab Goswami is an Indian journalist, TV news presenter, and editor-in-chief of news channel Republic TV. Goswami is also the President of the News Broadcasting Association. His notable works include – The Newshour, Frankly Speaking with Arnab, The Debate with Arnab Goswami and The Nation Wants to Know. He started his career with journalism in the year 1995. He is known for his aggressive journalism.
Arnab is the son of an army officer so he completed his education from different places. He took the class 10 board examination from Mount St. Mary’s School which is in Delhi Cantonment and he completed his 12th class from Kendriya Vidyalaya which is in Jabalpur Cantonment. Arnab did his graduation in Sociology from Hindu College, which is in Delhi. He did his master’s degree in social anthropology from St. Antony’s University of Oxford University (1994) where he has been a Felix scholar. In 2000, he was a visiting fellow in the International Studies Department at Sydney Sussex College, Cambridge University.
Arnab Goswami Biography & Wiki
Arnab Goswami Age, Biography & Wiki
|Real Name||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Profession||Journalist, Chief Editor, News Anchor|
|Language Known||Hindi, English, Assamese|
|Date Of Birth||9 October 1973|
|Age (as in 2020)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Hometown||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Libra|
Arnab Goswami Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimetres||180 cm|
|Height In Meters||1.80 m|
|Height in Inches||5’11”|
|Weight in Kilograms||75 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||165 lbs|
|Body Measurement (approx)||Chest-40
Arnab Goswami Family & Relatives
|Sister||1 (Indian Defence Service)|
Arnab Goswami Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status
Education and School, College
|School||Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cantonment
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cantonment
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Sociology
Masters in Social Anthropology
|Collage/University||Hindu College, Delhi University
Oxford University, England
Favorite Things and Like & Dislike
|Favorite Actors||Akshay Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Anushka Sharma|
|Favorite Food||Continental Food|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni|
|Favorite Musician||Bhupen Hazarika|
|Favorite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching Films|
|Favorite color||Grey, Black, White|
|Car Collection||Mercedes Benz, BMW|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Landon, Switzerland|
|Salary (approx)||INR 1 Crore/Month|
|Arnab Goswami Net Worth (approx)||$ 1 Million – $ 5 Million|
Arnab Goswami has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 75 Kg (165 lbs). Arnab Goswami always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. His chest measurement is 40 Inches, Waist is approx. 33 Inches & biceps measurement is 14 Inches. He has a nice hairstyle and got Black hair and Black Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Arnab Goswami was born on 9 October 1973 in Guwahati city of Assam. He was born into a well-known Brahmin family in Guwahati, Assam. Arnab’s father Majoranjan Goswami is a retired colonel. His mother Suprabha Goswami is a homemaker and writer. His grandfather Rajinikanth Goswami was a lawyer, Congress leader, and a freedom fighter. Goswami maternal grandfather Gaurishankar Bhattacharya was the leader of another party in Assam for many years. Arnab Goswami’s wife’s name is Pipi Goswami. They also have Two Children.
Arnab Goswami started his career in journalism with Kolkata’s English newspaper ‘The Telegraph’, but Arnab did not last long here and moved to Delhi within a year and joined NDTV. On NDTV, Arnab anchored ‘News Hour’ as well as the ‘News Tonight’ program aired for DD Metro. Arnab won Asia’s Best News Anchor Award at the Asian Television Awards for ‘Newsnight’ in 2004.
Arnab Goswami left NDTV and joined the Times Now News Channel as Editor-in-chief in the year 2006. In Times Now, Arnab hosted an event called ‘Frankly Speaking with Arnab’.
On 1 November 2016, Goswami left Times Now citing editorial differences, freedom of journalism, and newsroom politics.
Goswami is the Managing Director, Editor-in-Chief and co-founder of Republic TV, a news channel that launched on 6 May 2017. Within a week of its launch, Republic TV topped the BARC charts for viewership among India’s English news channels.
His show ‘The Debate with Arnab Goswami’ debates political, social and current issues at 9 am and 10 pm daily, showcasing notable personalities from diverse fields. He hosts a special show “Nation Wants to Know”.
2003 – Asian Television Award for Best Presenter or Anchor (Second Prize)
2006 – Society Young Achievers Award for Excellence in the Field of Media
2006 – Indian News Broadcasting Award for Innovative Editor in Chief
2010 – Assamese of the Year Award and Pussy News Anchor of the Year Award (by News)
2010 – Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism (by Indian Express Group)
2012 – EEN by an award for news TV editor in chief of the year
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Arnab Goswami and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Arnab Goswami at Instagramfirstname.lastname@example.org
Arnab Goswami at Twitter –@ArnabGoswamiRTV
Some Unknown Facts About Arnab Goswami
- Does Arnab Goswami smoke? not known
- Does Arnab Goswami drink alcohol? not known
- Arnab was born into a Brahmin family.
- He started his career as a journalist in Kolkata’s famous newspaper “The Telegraph”.
- In the year 1995, he joined NDTV and 3 years later he became the news editor of NDTV.
- He served as a news anchor with Rajdeep Sardesai in the famous news channels DD Metro and Star News.
- In the 1998 general election, his father Manoranjan Goswami contested from the Guwahati region on behalf of the BJP and lost to Congress candidate Bhubaneswar Kalita.
- His grandfather Rajinikanth Goswami was a lawyer and a Congress leader. While his maternal grandfather Gaurishankar Bhattacharya was an activist of the Communist Party in Assam.
- His father was employed in the Indian Army, due to which his father used to transfer and this is why his childhood was spent in different cities.
- Arnab Goswami’s first TV interview was of Sonia Gandhi.
- In the year 2002, Arnab wrote his first book Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge.
- In the year 2004, Goswami was awarded the Asia Award for Best News Anchor.
- The biggest feature of Arnab Goswami’s live news anchoring is that he asks some fast-paced questions without a script, the answer to which remains stunned.
- In the year 2015, Arnab Goswami played the hour of Bombay Stock Exchange on the 140th anniversary of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). He became the first journalist to do so.
- His sister is serving in the Indian Army.
- The most important coverage of Arnab Goswami has been – 26/11 Mumbai bomb blast attack. Where Goswami anchored non-stop for 65 consecutive hours. Which no journalist has done till now in India.
- He considers the singer of Assam, the late Bhupen Hazarika as his idol.
1 thought on “Arnab Goswami Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Net worth, Biography & More”
Comments are closed.