Annu Kapoor is an Indian Bollywood film actor, director, producer, and television presenter. Annu was born on 20 February (1956) in Itwara, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. As of 2020, Annu Kapoor’s age is 64 years old. When he was a child, Annu wanted to become a surgeon or an IAS but his family could not afford to send him to a medical college. Annu changed her named from Anil Kapoor to Annu Kapoor to avoid confusion with the hero of the film Anil Kapoor.
Biography & Wiki
|Annu Kapoor Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Birth Name||Anil Kapoor|
|Real Name||Annu Kapoor|
|Profession||Actor, Television Anchor, Film Director, Film Producer|
TV-Khari Khari (1980)
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Date Of Birth||20 February 1956|
|Age (as of 2020)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Itwara, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Itwara, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Cats/Ethnicity||Annu Kapoor is a Punjabi from his father’s side and a Bengali Brahmin from his mother’s side|
|Annu Kapoor Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.63 m|
|Height in Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||64 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||141 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Salt & Paper|
|Family & Relatives|
|Mother||Kamal Shabnam Kapoor|
|Brother||Ranjit Kapoor, Nikhil Kapoor|
|Annu Kapoor Girlfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anupama, Arunita Mukherjee|
Second Wife-Arunita Mukherjee
|Children||Sons-Maahir Kapoor (from the first wife, Anupama), Kavam Kapoor (from the first wife, Anupama), Evaan Kapoor (from the first wife, Anupama)
Daughter-Aradhita Kapoor (from the second wife, Arunita Mukherjee)
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|College/University||National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi, India|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Hema Malini|
|Favorite Food||Lucknowi Biryani, Kakori Kebab, Sheermal|
|Favorite Cuisine||Continental, Italian, Indian|
|Favorite Singer||Asha Bhosle|
|Favorite Dessert||Jalebi, Gulab Jamun|
|Favorite Restaurant||Indigo and Pizza Express in Mumbai, Gulati in Delhi|
|Favorite Color||Black & White|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Switzerland|
|Salary (approx.)||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$12 Million|
Annu Kapoor has a healthy physique and he is 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm) tall. Describing more about body fitness his weight is around 64 Kg (141 lbs). Annu Kapoor always keeps himself fit and he is very health Conscious. He has a nice hairstyle and got Salt & Paper hair and Dark Brown Eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Annu’s father’s name is Madanlal Kapoor and her mother’s name is Kamal Shabnam Kapoor. His father belongs to a Punjabi family and his mother belongs to a Bengali family. Actor Annu Kapoor’s father owned a traveling Parsi theatre company performed in cities and towns and Annu’s mother was a trained classical singer, poet, and scholar of Urdu, Arabic, and Persian. Kapoor’s grandfather Dr. Kripa Ram Kapoor was a well-known doctor in the British Army. His elder brother name Ranjit, Who is a director and screenwriter, and his sister’s name is Seema is a producer and actor. Annu’s younger brother’s name is Nikhil, he is a writer and lyricist. His wife Anupama Kapoor, is American by birth.
Actor Annu Kapoor has four children (3 sons- Kavan Kapoor, Maahir Kapoor, and Evaan Kapoor, and a daughter’s name is Aradhita Kapoor) from two marriages. He lives in Seema Society, N Dutta Road, Andheri(West), Mumbai, with his family.
In 1979 He began his career as a stage actor and was noticed in 1984’s Ek Ruka Hua Faisla. He made his film debut in Mandi in the year 1983. Annu Kapoor’s career spanned over 30 years including Bollywood cinema, television serials, and game show. Annu is best remembered for hosting the singing show Close-Up Antakshari. Kapoor worked in the horror TV serial Kile Ka Rahasya in 1989. In 2007 The National Challenge was relaunched Antakshari on Star Plus. Currently, Annu Kapoor does a radio program on 92.7 Big FM called “Suhaana Safar with Annu Kapoor on 92.7 Big FM”. Annu produces a musical talent contest for children “Aao Jhoomein Gaayen for SAB TV” and then he also produced a musical in Mathura entitled EK Sunhari Shyam.
Actor Annu Kapoor’s performance as an obsessive-compulsive sperm-bank physician in the year 2012’s Vicky Donar released on (20 April 2012) met with critical and popular acclaim. Annu also directed the film Abhay(The Fearless). The film won the National Film Award. The total Net Worth of Annu is about $12 Million. Kapoor is working in Bollywood last 30 years.
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Annu Kapoor and you want to know more about him so you can follow him on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about him.
Annu Kapoor at Instagram-@annukapoor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Him
- Does Annu smoke?: No (Earlier, Annu used to smoke but he gave up smoking in the year 2007 owing to health-related issues)
- Does Annu drink alcohol?: Yes
- Annu Kapoor is an Indian actor, television presenter, director, and producer who is well known for hosting the popular music reality show, “Antakshari” (in the year 1993 to 2006).
- Annu’s father originally came from Peshawar, Pakistan, and motivated his wife (Annu Kapoor’s mother) to learn Urdu, Persian, and Arabic, and after some time, Kamal Shabhnam Kapoor became a teacher of Urdu.
- Legendary actor Annu Kapoor wanted to become a surgeon or an IAS officer since childhood. However, Annu’s family could not afford to support his studies after class 10.
- After a while, Kapoor’s father insisted Kapoor joins his Parsi theatre company. In Annu Kapoor’s father’s theatre company, Actor Annu Kapoor worked in many professional plays, like “Laila Majnu,” “Harischandra,” “Shirin-Farhad,” “Dahi Wali,” “Bhakta Prahlad,” and “Qatl-e-Tamizan.” He even went on to direct a few of them.
- Thereafter, actor Kapoor joined the National School of Drama (NSD) on the insistence of his elder brother, Ranjit Kapoor. Ranjit Kapoor was also a student of NSD (National School of Drama) at that time.
- During Annu’s NSD days, Annu took part in plays like “Antim Yatra,” “Three Sisters,” “The Great God Brown,” and “The Zoo Story.”
- In the year 1981, actor Annu Kapoor acted in the play “Ek Ruka Hua Faisla” in Mumbai in which Annu played the character of a 70-year-old man. Impressed by his play, Shyam Benegal, a renowned film director, then signed him for his film, “Mandi” in the year 1983.
- In the year 1982, Annu Kapoor moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra, India with just Rs. 419.25 with him.