Amrita Puri is an Indian film and television actress. Actress Amrita Puri made her place in Bollywood without any film background. She is known in Hindi cinema for the films ‘Aisha’, ‘Blood Money’ and ‘Kai Po Che’. Amrita was also nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and Best Supporting Actress for the film Aisha. Apart from acting, she also had a keen interest in writing and also wrote for plays. She has appeared in many commercials such as Garnier, People First, and L’Oreal.
Amrita Puri was born and raised in Mumbai, India. Amrita did her schooling at the prestigious Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She completed her graduation in a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and post-graduation in Mass Communication from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Amrita started doing theater after finishing her studies. Not only this, but she also worked as a writer in the ad agency for almost a year. Amrita Puri auditioned for many films before making her debut in the film ‘Aisha’.
Biography & Wiki
|Age, Biography & Wiki|
|Real Name||Amrita Puri|
|Debut||Film-Aisha, In the year 2010
TV-Charulatha, Rabindranath Tagore stories, on Epic TV
|Language Known||Hindi & English|
|Date Of Birth||20 August 1983|
|Age (as of 2021)||38 Years|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Height & Physical Overview
|Height in Centimeters||163 cm|
|In Meters||1.63 m|
|In Feet & Inches||5′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||52 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||114 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Family & Relatives|
|Boyfriends, Affairs, and Marital Status|
|Marriage Date||11 November 2017|
|Marriage Place||Bangkok, Thailand|
|Education and School, College|
|Educational Qualification||B.A (English Literature)
M.A (Mass Communication)
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai, India|
|College/University||St. Xaviers College, Mumbai, India|
|Favorite Things and Like & Dislike|
|Actor||Ranbir Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Films||Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Hangover, A Streetcar Named Desire|
|Hobbies||Reading, Traveling, Photography|
|Books||Chick Flick Book Series, Manto by Saadat Hasan, Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien|
|Color||Pink, White, Blue, Black|
|Holiday Destination||Goa, London, Bangkok|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
|Salary (approx.)||INR 1-50 Lakh/Month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 Million-$5 Million|
Amrita Puri has a Stunning figure and she is 163 cm tall which is 5 feet 4 inches. She has a keen interest to maintain her body fitness her weight is 52 kg. Amrita Puri is very health conscious she always takes care of her looks and appearance. She visits the gym regularly and her figure measurement is 34-28-34 and she has attractive Black hair and Brown eyes.
Family Background and Relationship
Amrita Puri was born on 20 August 1983 in Mumbai to Aditya Puri’s home. Amrita’s father is the managing director of HDFC, a well-known bank in the country and has a great reputation in the banking world. And Amrita’s mother’s name is Anita Puri who is a homemaker. She also has a brother named Amit Puri.
In November 2017, Amrita Puri married Mumbai-based restaurant owner Imrun Sethi in Bangkok. The couple had two wedding ceremonies and they were also married with Sikh and Hindu customs. According to media reports, everything is not going well in the personal life of actress Amrita Puri. Amrita, who got married in 2017, is considering a divorce. The actress is taking these steps due to the constantly strained relationship with her husband.
Amrita Puri started her career in cinemas after completing post-graduation, where she used to write and perform in sports. Amrita started her career as a model, after which she auditioned for many films. The actress is one such name in the film world that does not need any recognition. Amrita, who started her career with the 2010 film Aisha, in 2012, worked with Kunal Khemu in the film ‘Blood Money. Then in 2013, Amrita appeared in the film ‘Kai Po Che!’ opposite Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh, and Rajkummar Rao. However, her career could not do much after this film. After films, Amrita Puri made her TV debut in 2015 and starred in Anurag Basu’s ‘Stories by Rabindranath Tagore’ series. Apart from this, Amrita has also worked in several web series including series like ‘P.O.W. – Bandi Yuddh Ke’, ‘Four More Shots Please!’ and ‘Made in Heaven’.
Amrita has also shown her acting prowess in the film Judgementall Hai Kya released in the year 2019. She performed the role of Priya Rao in the thriller/action movie India’s Most Wanted, in the year 2019. In the web series ‘Jeet Ki Jid’ in the year 2021, she played the role of Jaya Singh, the wife of Indian Army Special Forces officer Major Dipendra Singh Sengar (played by Amit Sadh). Amrita Puri will be seen in Mahesh Bhatt’s web series along with actors Tahir Raj Bhasin, Amala Paul. The series is based on the relationship between a top actress and a struggling filmmaker in the 70s. Bhatt’s Special Films and Geo Studios have joined hands for this untitled project. Amrita’s upcoming film is 83.
Awards & Nominations
- Popular Award 2011 [Nominee] Best Actress in a Supporting Role Aisha (2010)
- Filmfare Award 2011 [Nominee] Best Supporting Actress Aisha (2010)
- Screen Award 2011 [Nominee] Best Actress in a Supporting Role Aisha (2010)
- 2017 Indian Television Academy Award [Nominee] Best Actress – Drama, P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke (2016)
Contact and Social Media Information
If you are a big fan of Amrita Puri and you want to know more about her so you can follow her on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. On social media platforms, you will get the latest photos, videos, and updates about her.
Amrita Puri at Instagram-@amupuri
Some Lesser Known Facts About Her
- Does Amrita Puri smoke? Not Known
- Does Amrita Puri drink alcohol? Not Known
- Amrita Puri was born and raised in Mumbai, India.
- Amrita Puri’s father is the managing director of HDFC, a well-known bank in the country and he is very famous in the banking world.
- After completing post-graduation, Amrita began writing and doing theater. For a year she worked in writing for an advertising agency.
- It was not easy for her to step into the world of acting. Because her father was not much attached to the acting line.
- She had to work very hard to convince my father and after trying for almost two years, my father finally agreed that I could do acting.
- Very few people know about Amrita Puri’s passion for clothes. She is now running her own label called Akuri with her mother.
- She says that she is not averse to playing supporting actresses in films but she distances herself from films in which her role is just that of a showpiece, so I want different and sensitive roles.
- Amrita Puri, Tahir Raj Bhasin, and Amala Paul will star in Mahesh Bhatt’s web series. Which is based on the relationship of a struggling film producer and top actress of the 70s.
- Amrita Puri’s upcoming movies are ’83’ starring Ranveer Singh, Hardy Sandhu, Deepika Padukone, Saqib Saleem, Pankaj Tripathi, and ‘Ek Aur Ghazab Kahani’ with Arjun Kapoor, Aditya Seal, Alaya Furniturewalla.
- Apart from shows and movies, she appeared in several ads like Garnier, People First, and L’Oreal.
Q-What is the height of Amrita?
A-She is 163 cm tall which is 5 feet 4 inches.
Q-What is the weight of Amrita?
A-52 kg (114 lbs).
Q-What is the figure measurements of Amrita?
Q-What is the age of Amrita?
A-As of 2021, she is 28 years old, born on 20 August 1983.
Q-Where is from Amrita?
A-Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Q-What is the date of birth of Amrita?
A-20 August 1983 (28 Years).
Q-What is the name of Amrita’s husband?
1 thought on “Amrita Puri Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Biography & More”
Comments are closed.