Ajit Pawar is an Indian politician and former Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Ajit was also the finance minister besides being deputy chief minister of Maharashtra. Ajit Pawar’s full name is Ajit Anantrao Pawar and he is a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly representing the Baramati constituency.
He is the nephew of Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar. Following the footsteps of his uncle Sharad Pawar, Ajit Pawar entered politics and has been appointed MLA of Baramati seven times since 1990. Popularly known as Dada among his followers, he is a very popular member of NCP’s youth wing and his fans often use the slogan ‘Ekal Dada Ajit Dada’ to address him.
Ajit Pawar was born on Wednesday, 22 July 1959 in Dev Leela Pravara, Mumbai, and his full name is Ajit Anantrao Pawar.
His father’s name was Anantrao Pawar, who worked for prominent film producer V Shantaram at Rajkamal Studios in Mumbai, and his mother was a skilled cook.
Ajit Pawar’s paternal grandfather’s name was Govind Pawar and his paternal grandmother’s name was Sharda Pawar, he is survived by his parents, his elder brother Srinivas who is a businessman, and a sister named Vijaya Patil who died on 22 January 2017.
Ajit Pawar received his early education from Baramati Secondary School of Maharashtra Education Society, after which he went to Mumbai to pursue further education.
After coming to Mumbai, he started his graduation when his father passed away, due to which he had to leave his studies and go back to take care of the family.
Ajit Pawar is married to Sunita Pawar, daughter of former Maharashtra minister Padam Singh Bajirao Patil, and has two sons, Jai Pawar, and Parth Pawar.
His son Ajay Pawar is an Indian businessman, while his son Parth is a politician who contested the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from the Maval constituency in Maharashtra but could not win.
Ajit Pawar Bio
|Real Name||Ajit Anantrao Pawar|
|Famous For||Being the nephew of Sharad Pawar|
|Political Party||Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)|
|Date of Birth (DOB)||22 July 1959 (Wednesday)|
|Age||64 Years (As of 2023)|
|Birthplace||Deolali Pravara, Bombay State, India|
|Hometown||Baramati, Pune, Maharashtra|
|Address||Katewadi, Baramati, Pune -413102|
|School||Maharashtra Education Society High School Baramati|
|Education Qualification||He holds the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) from the Maharashtra State Board|
|Height (approx.)||175 (in centimeters)|
1.75 (in meters)
5′ 9″ (in feet & inches)
|Weight (approx.)||75 (in kilograms)|
165 lbs (in pounds)
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest- 40 Inches|
Waist- 31 Inches
Biceps- 13 Inches
Family, Wife & Children
|Children||Son-Jay Pawar (Entrepreneur), Parth Pawar (Politician)|
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Govind Pawar|
Grandmother- Sharda Pawar
|Father||Anantrao Pawar (worked for a renowned filmmaker, V. Shantaram’s “Rajkamal Studios” in Bombay)|
|Mother||Name Not Known|
|Sister||Late Vijaya Patil (Media Person); died on 22 January 2017|
|Car Collection||• Honda Acord (Mh 12 E 0009)|
• Trailer (MH 12 BB 5020)
• Trailer (MH 12 AH 866)
• Trailer (MH 12 BB 5930)
• Trailer (MH 42 F 7999)
• Tractor New Holland (MH 42 Q 3099)
• Tractor New Holland (MH 42 Q 42)
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 1.9 Crores
• Bonds/Shares: Rs. 47.17 Lakh
• Jewellery: Rs. 49.63 Lakh
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 2.71 Crores
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 2.89 Crores
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 6.96 Crores
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 10.85 Crores
|Salary/Income (approx.)||INR 1.50 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$5 Million (As of 2023)|
Social Media Info
If you Like Ajit Pawar and you want to know more about him, You can follow him on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Ajit Pawar Instagram: @ajitpawarspeaks
Ajit Pawar Twitter: @AjitPawarSpeaks
in the year 1982 when Ajit was 20 years old, Ajit Pawar began his political career and was selected to the board of a cooperative sugar factory in Pune, Maharashtra.
After this, in the year 1991, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time from the Baramati constituency of Maharashtra and was appointed as the Defense Minister when PV Narasimha Rao’s government was formed.
Thereafter he retained his seat and was re-elected from the same constituency in the years 1995, 1999, 2004, 2009, 2014, and 2019.
He contested for the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly in the year 2019 from the Baramati assembly seat and won with huge votes which was the highest in the state however on 23 November 2019 he supported BJP without the consent of Sharad Pawar and as Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra Sworn in.
Though he resigned from the post of Deputy CM on 26 November 2019, he reportedly claimed that the letter of support of 54 MLAs was the attendance sheet of 54 NCP MLAs, which he submitted to Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
In the year 2012, he was named in a Rs 70,000 crore scam and former Maharashtra bureaucrat Vijay Padhare made allegations against him, after these allegations he had to resign from the post of Deputy CM of Maharashtra, although he was later cleared. The chit was received.
In 2013, he made a controversial statement on Maharashtra, which he later described as the biggest mistake of his life.
In 2014, when he was campaigning for his cousin, he threatened farmers that if they did not vote for 16, he would punish them by cutting off the water supply to their village.
He is also accused in the case of a Rs 15 crore reduction in irrigation in Maharashtra.
The given property details are as per the year 2019-
Total assets (Net Worth -2019) ₹ 20.12 crores
Salary ₹ 2.13 Lakh
Cash (Case) ₹ 3.67 Lakh
Bank Deposit ₹65. 66 lakhs
Bonds and Shares ₹ 9.66 Lakh
Jewelry ₹24 Lakh
Agriculture Land ₹ 2.78 crore
Non-Agriculture Land ₹ 47.95 Lakh
Residential Building ₹16.42 crore
Some Interesting Facts About Ajit Pawar
- His father Anantrao Pawar was the elder brother of Sharad Pawar and was associated with Rajkamal Studio of V Shantaram, a well-known producer in the film industry. Dada Govindrao Pawar used to work in Baramati Co-operative Trading.
- Ajit Pawar had to drop out of college during his graduation due to the untimely death of his father.
- When Ajit was studying in primary school, his uncle Sharad Pawar was becoming popular as a budding politician in the then Congress Party government. Uncle’s success in politics enticed Ajit as well and he came to Mumbai and resumed his studies there.
- Ajit Pawar was elected to the board of a cooperative sugar factory in 1982, and it was from here that he took his first steps in politics.
- In 1999, when the Indian National Congress-NCP coalition came to power and Vilasrao Deshmukh’s government was formed, Ajit Pawar was promoted for the first time as Cabinet Minister of the Irrigation Department.
- Let us tell you that from December 2003 to October 2004, Ajit also held the additional charge of the Rural Development Department in the Sushil Kumar Shinde government.
2 thoughts on “Ajit Pawar Wiki, Age, Wife, Bio & More”
Comments are closed.