Aadhya Anand is a well-known Indian actress, dancer, and model. Aadhya got a lot of fame after appearing in the Amazon mini-TV series “Crushed”, in which Aadhya played the character “Aadhya Mathur”. Aadhya is most recognized for her character of “Shai Irani” in the Netflix web series “Bombay Begums (2021), in which she played the role of the youngest Begum.
She made her debut at the age of just 9 as a child artist in the Singaporean-based movie “A Yellow Bird” which premiered at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and she was also part of television shows such as Menantu International 2 and Word Whizz Slime Pit.
Aadhya Anand was born on 2nd November 2007 (Friday) in Coorg the city of Karnataka the state of India to her father Anand Nayak, and her mother Priya Nayak.
She also has a sister named Anaaya Nayak who is younger than her. Aadhya was brought up by her parents in Singapore, a Country in Asia. Later, in the year 2019, Aadhya moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue her acting career in the Hindi Entertainment Industry.
She completed her schooling at Global Indian International School, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Fascinated by acting since childhood, Aadhya began her career in acting at the age of just 4.
In an interview, Aadhya talked about her passion for acting and stated, “Acting may seem like a job to some, but for me, it is the most peaceful place on earth. I get to play many characters. Learn different languages and accents, and meet a lot of celebrities in the process”.
Aadhya Anand Bio
|Real Name||Aadhya Anand|
|Profession||Actress, Dancer, Model|
|Debut||Film (Singaporean)-: A Yellow Bird (2016) as the protagonist’s daughter|
TV (Singaporean)- Lion Mums Season 2 (2017) on Mediacorp channel; as Sushila Chandran
Web Series (Hindi)- Bombay Begum (2021) on Netflix; as Shai
|Date of Birth (DOB)||2 November 2007 (Friday)|
|Age||16 Years (As of 2023)|
|Birthplace||Coorg, Karnataka, India|
|Height (approx.)||170 (in centimeters)|
1.70 (in meters)
5′ 7″ (in feet & inches)
|Weight (approx.)||50 (in Kilograms)|
110 lbs (in pounds)
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
Family & Boyfriend
|School||Global Indian International School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Education Qualification||Not Known|
Social Media Info
If you Like Aadhya Anand and want to know more about her, You can follow her on platforms such as Instagram, and Twitter.
Aadhya Anand Instagram: @aaadhya_anand
Aadhya Anand Twitter: @aadhya_anand32
NCPCR (National Commission for Protection of Child Rights) demands to ban her starrer web series, “Bombay Begum”
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) issued a notice to Netflix to ban the web series Bombay Begum, in which Aadhya appeared as the lead character. There is a scene in the web series where a 13-year-old boy was snorting cocaine.
In the notice, NCPCR ordered the stop streaming of the web series over objectionable scenes in the show which may result in the abuse and exploitation of children. NCPCR issued a notice against Netflix which read, The commission does not allow any media platform/internet/OTT, etc to portray and glorify children in India in this manner.
Netflix should be extra careful while streaming any content regarding children or for children and the theme should also refrain from getting involved in such things.
Therefore, you are directed to look into the matter and immediately stop streaming this series and submit a detailed action taken report within 24 hours, failing which the Commission will be liable under Section 14 of CPCR (Commission shall be bound to initiate appropriate action as per the provisions of Protection of Child Rights) Act, 2005.”
Aadhya made her acting debut at the age of just nine in a Singaporean film named “A Yellow Bird” (2016). In the same year, Aadhya appeared in another Singaporean film titled “Utter” (2016: One Hour to Daylight).
In the year 2017, Aadhya made her television debut with Singapre’s television show Mom’s World Season 2 in which she acted the character of “Sushila e Chandran”.
In the same year, she appeared in the TV show named “Whoopie’s World” in which Aadhya acted the role of “Dana”. Next, Aadhya has appeared in several Singapore TV shows such as International 2 (2017), Word Whizz Slime Pit (2018), and Lion Mums Season 4 (2021).
In the year 2021, Aadhya made her digital debut with the “Netflix” series named “Bombay Begums” in which Aadhya played the lead role of Shai.
In the year 2022, Aadhya appeared in the “Hulu” series named “Bravehearts” in which she played the character of “Veera”. Aadhya appeared in the Amazon mini-TV series titled “Crushed” (2022) and “Crushed Season 2” (2022), in which she played the character of “Aadhya Mathur”.
Awards & Achievements
- In the year 2017, she was awarded Singtel Young Achiever’s Award in Singapore.
- In the year 2017, she was awarded Singara Award at International Kannada Cultural Conference held in Singapore.
Some Interesting Facts About Aadhya Anana
- Aadhya Anand is an Indian actor, dancer, and model. In the year 2021, Aadhya appeared in the “Netflix” series named “Bombay Begum” in which she acted as the character of “Shai”.
- She was born to Non-Resident Indian (NRI) parents in Coorg, Karnataka, and was grown in Singapore.
- Inclined towards acting since childhood, Aadhya began her career in the entertainment industry at the age of just 4. Before venturing into movies, actress Aadhya worked as a child model for numerous television and print advertising campaigns in Singapore such as Resorts World Sentosa, Universal Studios Singapore, and Cornetto. In an interview, Aadhya talked about her career in acting and stated, “Acting may seem like a job to some, but for me, it is the most peaceful place on earth. I get to play many characters. Learn different languages and accents, and meet a lot of celebrities in the process“.
- Her sister, Anaaya Anand, is a child artist, and in the year 2022, Anaaya appeared in Deepika Padukone, Ananya Pandey, Siddhant Chaturvedi, and Dhairya Karwa starrer Hindi film “Gehraiyaan”, in which Anaaya acted the character of young Alisha.
- In the year 2016, she won Sony Television’s reality show Super Dancer Season 4 Singapore.
- In the year 2017, actress Aadhya made her TV debut with the Mediacorp show named “Lion Mums Season 2” in which Aadhya played the character of Sushila Chandran.
- She has appeared in several Singaporean Television shows such as Manantu International 2 (2017), Word Whizz Slime Pit (2018), and Lion Mums Season 4 (2021).
- In the year 2019, she relocated to Mumbai, Maharashtra to pursue an acting career in the Hindi entertainment industry.
- Aadhya is an ardent dog lover and owns a pet dog “Sky”, and Aadhya frequently shares pictures of her dog Skye on her different social media accounts.
- Aadhya is often described as an ‘Internet crush’ by various media houses. In an interview, Aadhya talked about the title ‘Internet Crush’ and expressed her gratitude to her fans. She said,
- “It’s great to see that I have become an internet sensation; Thanks to the release of ‘Crushed’ on Amazon Mini-TV. I am extremely happy to see that my character Aadhya Mathur and our show have received so much love from the audience. My DMs get flooded with 500-600 congratulatory messages appreciating my character every day. I have seen myself mentioned in several comments, posts, stories, and reels on social media. Viewers are loving my work across generations and young boys, I have become their crush after they saw me as Aadhya Mathur in the series. I am grateful for the love and appreciation I have been getting from everyone.“
- Aadhya Anand’s celebrity crush is “Sidharth Malhotra“. In an interview, Aadhya talked about this and stated,
I had a celebrity crush on Sidharth Malhotra…he’s so cute! But in school, I didn’t have a crush on any of my friends or any of the boys around me!
2 thoughts on “Aadhya Anand Wiki, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Bio & More”
Comments are closed.